1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Kingdom of Sorcerer's Place?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, May 27, 2003.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

First off, a definition of a micronation: http://www.novaroma.org/cursus_honorum/micronations.html
    The one I'm thinking of would be defined as an imaginary state. There are quite a few of these out on the net.

Alright, I've been having this weird idea. How about a micronation based on Sorcerer's Place? Basically it would be an online nation with laws, a government, and anything else. Possibly incorporating things that have happened in SP in the past into its history, and making it all into a huge RPG like scenario, with only SP members as the people. Think a NWN multiplayer game with no NPC's, and text based, with no DM... Hmm, ok, that pretty much killed any resemblance to NWN, but anyhow. Maybe more like the Tavern of Infinity on a much grander scale.

Anyhow, I was just thinking that this could be an interesting (and possibly insanly difficult) project.
    For a good example of a micronation:Menelmacar Though that isn't as much for roleplaying as some.
    Another website I dug up: http://www.geocities.com/micronations/

So what sayeth do you?

[ May 28, 2003, 11:49: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    How about: Hell yeah! I could see this working... I could definitely see this working :D

3. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I do believe it will work yes i do. That is a brilliant idea :thumb: :spinning: :rolling:

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Join me! I am the Emperor of Belisaria!!!!

We should start small...Someplace nice and tropical...How about Cuba? Castro can't live forever, can he?

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Definitely sounds like fun, but I hope it wouldn't require a large investment of time - that's the one thing I don't have much of.

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Count me out. I can accept a passive role as a rich spoiled nobleman, saying "awaaay with you begga!"

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] ooo this sounds cool! Will it be a fantasy sorta land? If so count me in! I like this sort of stuff :spin:

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The only responsibility I'd take is to fill my treasury with the tax money. :shake:

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If it's a proper nations I could do demographics and stuff :)

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Your class should not speak unless spoken to.... :p

Yeah I dig this nobility stuff. :hahaerr: I better get a Swizz bank account to landry my money away from Tal's tax collector, Extremist. I mean I'll invest heavily in Belisaria, I agree Bel, he can't outlive the pope, can he?

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hummm, yes sounds interesting.
    ...I can see it now, the latest SP news ... The Kingdom of Sorcerers Placer bows to King RotKU :) . Yes, that would be good.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I just had a crazy idea. What if someone drew up a map of the Kingdom with open spaces for the members of SP to "buy" and "build" a house or a busness on the map. :rolling:

13. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Just remember to build a forest then where I can build my cabin. Slowly but surely the animals of the forest will be in my control and when that day comes..........let's not get ahead of things shall we ;)

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Sure, map sounds good. Someone draws it, the rest of us interested people make changes or throw it out, and volia.
    Also I think we need to change some of SP history into stories. Imagine what we could turn the Great Crash into. An epic heroic story mayhaps, a tragic story or a vengful god? I think I'll start a thread in CS for it.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What?! :shake: :grin:

16. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Big logging, illigitimet money making schemes for me.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

But make sure I have the title to the land so I can develop it into a suburb, with strip-malls and rows of houses that look exactly alike.

Apeman...you'll love it. I'll set you up in a little townhouse. You'll have 32 square feet of grass, and will be allowed any pet under 12 pounds. :D (I hate the 'burbs!!!)

18. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

* <- If you look at that closely enough, you can see a giant miniature spacehamster holding thumbs up. And I'd agree with that.

Edit: I want to be a fat hairy ironsmith who cooks food at the local inn, sharing heavily spiced gossip with other SP:ers. With a terrible singing voice I might add.

[ May 28, 2003, 22:14: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Just find me a nice urban street corner with lots of foot traffic so I can open a cafe and bakery... Espresso, anyone? :coffee:

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

If we get around to making it, it should be themed. And the most obvious theme for this group is medieval/fantasy. Any objections or suggestions or anything of use to add?

And can those enthusiastic about the whole idea PM me.

[ May 29, 2003, 12:33: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.