1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Killsword

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by mark the beneficial shah, Sep 29, 2001.

1. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have found this to be the best weapon in the game for getting past kolbolds and goblins and other usless opponents. It also comes in handy when you can't get past a battle or you need and item someone has. Like the silver dragon, and have only seconds to get it. Anyone else?

2. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] yeah, luckily this doesnt ruin your playing experience........................

3. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] The Killsword is by far the best weapon in the game! Why don't more people use this incredible weapon?? Better yet, why don't you equip your entire party with killswords? You will never have to reload again! It ROCKS!

4. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31

When ever i am fustrated with life, there's nothing better than going on a rampage with this weapon.

5. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

play serious sam then :p

6. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

But doesn't it take the fun out of playing the game normally??

7. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Normally? perhaps. But who are you, and who are we to say what is normal?

8. Caleb_Eveningfall Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've never heard of the killsword, what does it do?

9. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31

The Ultimate Cheater's Weapon - Spoil yourself at your own risk (Highlight the text below by dragging the mouse cursor over it) Create yourself a "killsw01" from the console. It has the graphics and story for Long Sword +2: Varscona, but when you equip it, you get the following bonuses:· -35 AC bonus · Counts as a +10 weapon· THAC0: +50· Damage: 1d10+1000, +1500 fire, +1500 magic, +1500 cold, +1000 piercing, +1000 slashing, and an additional 1000 of undisclosed damage· 8 attacks per turn (if you get more proficiencies, you'll get a max of 10 attacks per turn)· 100% magic resistance· Immunity to: charm, panic, sleep, slow, stun, fatigue, hold, confusion, feeblemindedness, web, and some others· There are no race, class, or alignment restrictions on it, so everyone can use it This seems to be the weapon that the programmers assigned to the invincible killer thief in the Thieves' Guild which spawns if you kill Aran Linvail while working for him.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Excuse me...

I don't have to highlight anything. You could put in title of your CHEAT topic that inside is a CHEAT so some of us who hate cheats and cheaters wouldn't look inside.

Ok, you're new here, so... No real flames today from me...

11. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31

i copied it from a cheating download.
    How is the killsword a cheat?? If you don't have the cheat option you can't get it anyway.

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] 1. All items you can't get in the legal game are CHEATS or custom items.

2. All items you can't get in legal game but are included in original files are CHEAT items.

3. Please, don't spam. Especially if something is obvious even to one who never played SoA.

4. You don't need to enable the console to get the item. One who sees it's code you just spammed above can edit his saved game and get the item without using the console.

5. You could copy cheat download LINK (url) so if someone wants to see it, that one could check it for himself.

6. :mad::mad::mad::flaming::flaming::flaming::toofar:

[EDIT]

7. This can get you rid of mice:
    [This message has been edited by Extremist (edited September 29, 2001).]

13. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31

ok............so.....um......anyone know how to get rid of mice???? They create a distraction to my game concentration.

14. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

The Killsword can kill (of course) anything with just one blow. It takes all the challenge out of the game; if facing an enemy you can't seem to defeat, changing your tactics is a lot more exhilarating than slaughtering the enemy with one blow. THAT's what to do if you want a gaming rush.

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Isn't CRPG great. Everyone can get happy.

The killsword is not a weapon it is a gadget saying "hey why don't I blow the next creature out of the game". If that makes people happy then I couldn't care less :)

16. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Sure, but... but you copied it from a CHEATING DOWNLOAD. How can you *possibly* claim it's not a cheat? The place you got it from had "cheat" in the title!

It's no skin off my nose if you want to cheat, but geez, acknowledge that's what you're doing, man. (-: It's not the "best item in the game," it's a cheat. The reason "more people don't use it" is because it's a cheat and we don't want to cheat. That's all.

17. TGM Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Hmm...I just can' understand, at what right calls someone this a LEGAL thing. And what is the fun in being invincible? Don't know. Maybe the problem is in my thoughts, but still I can't believe it:(

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] He actually got that whole text from my BG2 Cheats List at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php (Scroll to the bottom of the page.)

If the filename, the title and the warning I put in the html aren't enough to make your realize I'm talking about CHEATS, then well...

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited September 30, 2001).]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  19. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] you should check your sources dood :)

20. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I've got an even COOLER weapon. I call it my 'new Bhaal power.' Instant death for my enemies. CTRL Y.:rolleyes:

I cheat all the time, frankly, to make the game more interesting, not easier. (Changing NPC classes, etc.) Frankly I can't see how you can use the killsword in this game without falling fast asleep really quickly, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.