1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Hand

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Wassup, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Hi everyone.

Does somebody now if there`s a book that relate the story of The Hand(the elves fortress)or anything else? All the story around this fortress and what happens there is the part I prefer in Icewind Dale. This story is so much interesting and mysterious, I would like to know more about it. Thanks.,

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Judging from what we've seen in the game I'm sure there is some background story to it, but I have no idea where they got it from.

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Not sure either. There is no record of it in any FR manuals or books that I have read or come across. It may have been created for the game.

This was my favorite part of IWD. The Severed Hand, the shadows, music and everything inside really caught my attention. With the lights turned off, the stereo turned up, it was awesome!

Syl...

4. Wassup Gems: 9/31

But is these games suppose to be realist and respect the real history of FR ? Or they cant invent anything they want? If it the case, why they say that is a FR adventure if they invent new world or events that does not really occured in FR ??

Comments??

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually it is from some official FR material, I've talked to one of the designers about it ages ago he casually mentioned it. (That was before the game shipped).

And, well, the whole game uses AD&D rules and the setting takes place in Icewind Dale, which is all fair and square Forgotten Realms. They did make up some of the lesser places, but the majority are true to the FR material available.

P.S.
    I'll ask around about the Hand. Haven't said hi to any Black Isle folks in a while anyway. ;)

6. Wassup Gems: 9/31

Taluntain:

Thanks a lot. And dont forget to get back to me if you have more infos! I REALLY appreciate.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.