1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Early Life of Belegron-Everquest

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Darhken Rahl, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Darhken Rahl Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My father was one of the greatest blacksmiths known to Norrath, his name was Bludow Proudblade. I had looked up to my father as a hero. He was the greatest dwarf,no the greatest person in the world. Little did i know that was soon to end.

My father had made a deal with the worst god of all, Innoruuk. He was to craft a sword that would give Innoruuk power over all things, including the other gods. I had found out, and without thought went to the king and told him of this atrocious deed. What came next i was not ready for...

The king summoned my father to his throne room. He told my father that he knew of his dark deed, and had told our lord and creator Brell Serilis. Before Brell could do anything Innoruuk came and plucked my father from Norrath and took him to his home. I never saw my father again, this is the day I stopped believing in the Gods.

An intense hatred began growing inside me for all the Gods. The dwarves banished me from kaladim for destroying the shrine to Brell. On my way to the elf city, Kelethin, i met a druid name Caeadwec (in game and rl friend), his cousin thrice removed was a bard who lived in Kelthin. He told me to go and find him, for he would help me start a journey i will not forget...

As i reached Kelethin, i noticed strange creatures resembling goblins running around, someone told me that they were called orcs. It amazed me that the forest creatures where so much different yet alike to the mountain creatures near kaladim.

Being young and ambitous, I decided to try and kill one of these such creatures. It was a bloody battle and my first, yet i came out victorious, wounded and bloody, but victorious.

I quickly made my way to the bard named Caeadweu (same guy obviously), he tended to my wounds and told me to be more careful. He gave me a new shield and sword, and some armor. He told me to head on over to crushbone, and kill orcs. HE said this was the easiest way to get the elfs, and perhaps my very own warrior guild to like me once again.

I made my way to crushbone as he instructed. After killing many Orc pawns, i decided that centurions would be no problem for me. I was fighting one, trading hit for hit, I recieved a deep gash in my arm, when i thought i had defeated this petty creature a group of them came running, i barely escaped. I had many wounds. There were bruises all over my face and body. Cuts on my chest and arms. I had a few broken ribs, but a nice cleric by the name of Qaladen (rl friend as well) decided to help me out. I never knew that broken bones could be fixed in a matter of seconds, that my wounds would disappear. It was so amazing.

After spending 18 seasons in Crushbone, i decided that nothing could possible stop me. I made my way to the castle that held the most powerful of orcs. After numerous bloody battles with the legionaries and emissary's, i met Lord Darish.

He Laughed and charged at me. WE traded blow for blow, it came down to a sliver of health for each of us, i had to do something, i quickly chopped off his hand and picked up his axe. This was when the tide turned, he stood no chance. As his bloody body fell, he shouted to me that even though he has died, his death shall be avenged by the emperor himself.

I decided to take my seat as lord of Crushbone, but being as young and naive as i was, i decided to crown myself emperor. THe only way to do this was to kill the current emperor. I realized this was no easy task.

As i made my way to the tower, i encouterd his bodyguard. This was a brutal battle indeed, this guard was more powerful than i expected. He pummled me till i was near death, and could hear the gods deciding my fate, and the plane i would be sent to. Then before i knew it the guard droped dead. A kind and powerful wizard saw my plight and decided that it was not my time. As i bound my wounds and said goodbye and thank you he warned me to be wary of the Dark ELf called ambassador dvinn.

He obviously didnt know that a dark elf couldnt beat a dwarf warrior. I made my way to the profit, i have never met an orc that was a sorceror till now. He put up a good fight, but with one final stroke i took his head, someday ill will mount it as a trophy on my wall. Thats when i saw the emperor. I told him that this was my castle, he didnt take it to well. He knew to well of me for i have been here for 20 seasons now. HE charged me and caught me off guard. He would hit me 3 times before i would land a hit, this was continously happened. I had finally whittled him down to the point of death. Just when i was about to deliver the final blow, a dagger was thrust into my back. As i turned i saw a dark elf, i assumed him to be ambassador dvinn, he then smiled a cruel wicked smile and stabbed me in my right eye. This dvinn then pulled out my eye with his bare hands. As i watched with my good eye wounded, and bleeding. He smiled once again and took a bite out of my eye. This was his mistake, while he did this i jumped from the tower. I landed and broke a few bones, this did not matter, my life however did. I narrowly escaped to the city of kelethin. Dvinn had let up pursuit at the entrance of Crushbone but i wanted to be safe.

As i stumbled to the lift a hole opened up and swallowed me. This is when i met Brell Serilis, in person. He heard my plight, and although i rejected him, he still wanted to help me. I asked him why, and he said because i am one of his children. He then crafted a magical orb and placed it where my eye used to be. He told me that this orb looks reflects the good and evil deeds of the owners past. HE gave it to me so that i migth not fall into the dark path that many have taken, including my father...

I shall log on my brother's acount just to post the rest of the story

2. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I vowed never to return to crushbone until i became much stronge. I had heard of a place off of the dreaded Kithicor forest, called highpass hold. Being adventurous, and wanting to leave the dreaded place known as faydwer i decided to head to Antonica. I made my way to this highpass hold, and i immediatley found a group of a diverse amount of classes and races. I had never seen a Leezard before, but when i called him this he hissed and said his name was Giogossh, an noble iksar. I also encouterd a Barbarian rogue the thought made me laugh, a rogue that big, how amazing. I met many a traveler that day. We killed orcs all day long, watching one drop right after another. The copses littered the ground. Unfortunately my armor became rather dented and there were blood splatters all over it. It did not matter it made me feel proud, we warriors, we like the blood of others on our blades and armor, it is a symbol of respect.

I spent many a good season here, i eventually decided to move on to the keep. I was amazed at how out of line the goblins were, the guards hardly did anyting to stop them. I ran into a captain bosec i believe his name was. He told me that if i gave him goblin ears he would reward me with coin, and i would become more respected.

I again met a diverse group of people here. ranging from the hated dark elfs, to the once isolated race known as vah shirs. I unfortunatley suffered many injuries while in this place, how sad it was to have nearly died, and yet a hosbitable Dark elf cleric healed me with no thought towards watching me die a slow painful death. This was the first time i realized that it was not race that mattered, but the actions the person made.

I spent a good 5 seasons killing goblin guards and lookouts, i decided to move on to the warriors, these were not true warriors for they had no respect for others, they didnt protect others, they fled, this is not the way of the warrior. I killed them out of spite, they tarnished the warrior name.

When i came of season i moved on to the more powerful goblins, the raiders and visionaries. Killing these creatures was extremely hard, yet i felt i grew the most from it.

Eventually the time came when i reached my 32nd season and i decided to move on. I was told of a land called overthere, on the iksar continent called Kunark. I met with my cleric friend there. It soon became boring killing such weak and petty creatures, and when the time came i made my way to the dreadlands, the most baron area i have ever seen.

The half human spider creatures especially hated me as well as the dog men. I died many a time here, but the gods decided it was not my time and sent my spirit back to norrath.
    I stayed here until my 46th season, i then thought i could travel to the planes and see the gods but i soon found that this was not the time, even though the gods saw me experienced enough to travel to some of these planes. THis is around the time i met a member of the dragons. I then spoke with the Minstel Vahpurr, about becoming apart of this guild. I was soon accepted and joined this guild. -Dragons of Xev

I will stop my story here and continue it another day
    Belegron Proudblade Warrior of the 59th season, blade of the gods, hand of justice

-theres the rest of the story...maybe il right more seeing as how i have had many more great expiriences in everquest ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.