1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

the dream in spellhold...anyway out?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Doomlord, Nov 6, 2000.

1. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Now,this sucks...In your dream in Spellhold you find yourself in Candlekeep, the sweet voice of Imoen calling you..But there is a demon that doesn't let you pass unless you sacrifice one of your statistics forever.Is there any other way to gain access to the library without weakening yourself or a way to regain your lost points later(like the tomes in BG1).If there is any, how much points can you add to your character?Thanks for your replies...
    BTW,I find Bhaal in the dream really unsatisfactory.His size is just like a mere mortal,his voice like my uncle not a god :)and he looks suspiciously like Sarevok.

2. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Dont worry about the stat loss. i just made my ranger lose 1 point of intelligence, OH MY! no big deal.

3. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

But my priest of Helm is from BG1 and he will carry on to Neverwinter so even a single point makes a difference for me.(though having an Int of 15 or 14 doesn't make sense for a cleric but I hate it).Is there any way to gain points later.If there isn't I would have to say that this is a serious design flaw that really pisses me off...

4. Darkmoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

At the very end of the game you will gain some stat points. 1 or 2 points in most of your stats I believe, dont remember exactly how much in which stat though.

5. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

if you thought that dream was bad, wait till ya have the other one.

6. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] SPOILER

At the end of the game, you will get some REALLY nice bonuses, like 20% magic resistance, cannot be harmed by weapons of +1 or less, +2 to all saving throws, and more.

7. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If you really don't want to loose a stat, cheat on the console, you can access the tomes from BG1, just replace the stat! (book
    03-05, the wisdom and charisma books can't be used for some reason). Another way, do a
    solo multiplayer game, right before you talk to the demon, export out, then reimport after. The downside, is that your reputation goes back to what you get in the beginning, as if it were a new character. Not bad for an evil character who's rep. has gotten to high!

8. Thaumas Gems: 6/31

I chose dexterity, because I'm wearing the Gauntlets of Dexterity anyhow. Not too much difference between 11 and 12 either. I could (should) have chosen intelligence, but I just hate single digit ability scores ;).

9. Palpatine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

sorry i gotta have a soapbox moment here....it doesn't suck that you have to choose a stat to drain. i like that part of the game. heck it makes sense you're losing your soul!!! it makes you decide what is important to YOU and your character. this is a roleplaying game so roleplay. pick the stat you can most afford to lose (for me: int if your not a mage or dex if you're not getting the ac bonuses). and creating tomes or expotring and importing are really low, why not just give yourself 25 for all stats?

deviant: i don't think those bonuses aren't permenent. if you start a new game with the char1 file created when you win the bonuses are gone. :(

10. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Actually, I think they are permanent because my paladin I imported over has a Charisma of 19, thanks to that tome I read in BG.

11. Azarial Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think the reason that the wisdom and charisma books don't work is because you used them in BG 1 and imported a character. That seems like the most reasonable answer to me, because according to pen and paper rules, each person can only have each type of tomefunction only once.

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Beorn he means the bonuses from the end of BG2 aren't there when you import the character to the start of the game from the end of the game.
    And the tomes in BG can give multipul; bonuses if you get more than one copy of them.

13. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

You can create and use multiple copies of a tome, as many as you want. Now, there's nothing wrong with fooling around with the cheats, if you've played without them first.I had a normal character a couple times, now I have a superhuman one. There are many ways to play this game, all are valid, if you have fun. Doomlord, you'll be able to replace your abilities without cheats, anyway. NWN is a 3rd Ed. game, in 3E
    you get an ability raise every 4 levels. If there's a BG3, it'll be 3E, too. Wizards of the Coast no longer supports 2nd Edition.(No, my superhuman character does not have all 25's but it does have a 25 dex! she's a monk, and her AC is obscene I also boosted Nalia's dex, and she's a master thief! Like I said, play without cheats first).

14. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

And in 3rd Ed 25 for a stat is low, it goes all the way up to 45 now ;). Roll on BG3 :D!

15. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

Yeah, Dragons are awesome in 3E! The real deal!

16. TelexStar Gems: 6/31

Has anyone noticed that the voice of Bhaal in your dream is Worf from Star trek!

Also The voice of Irenicus is someone else famous.

17. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

who is the voice of jon? hmmm....hmmm................hmmmm.............................................................hmm......i have no idea. enlighten me, if you will?

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I recognize the voice of Irenicus, and I can picture the face... I just can't remember the name!

19. TelexStar Gems: 6/31

got it!

He played chancellor Garon in star trek the undiscovered country.

20. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

I think he's David Warner.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.