1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Darkest Day?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ryk O'Shay, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Ryk O'Shay Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Greetings all,

I am new here so allow me to introduce myself. Ryk O'Shay is my aka *Bows* and I am a general all arounder.(is that a word?)

I have just started Balders Gate II SoA, just got everyone freed from their cells in fact.

What is this Darkest Day? Should I install it now or is it a stand alone expansion?

Thanks in advance!

Very nice site here, you folks have done a lot of work.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  3. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You might want to think about installing Freedom's Reign also. It's located on the same page as Tal sent you to. As of right now, TDD isn't compatable with ToB. So if you have that installed, go to TeamBG.com for the info.

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

You'd better have Cable or DSL if you expect to download those very big files.

5. Ryk O'Shay Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the replies.:)

After doing some research I think I am going to play BG2 through a time or two before installing any mods.

I had a couple installed like the XP cap remover, the bonus cd merchants, and the bottomless bags but I think I installed them wrong. The readme's said to extract them to the BG2 override folder so I was expanding them in my download fold then copying and pasting using windows explorer.

It looks like I need a BG team tool to do this. So until I better understand this I am going to leave well enough alone.

edit: I have a 56k modem with a local ISP who restricts the bandwidth limit down to half that, so I might as well have a 28.8k modem for all the bandwidth I get.:(

[This message has been edited by Ryk O'Shay (edited January 01, 2002).]

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Copying stuff to your Override folder is the easiest way any of the hacks/custom stuff is inserted into the game. Just look into the root folder where your game is installed (usually in Program Files/Black Isle/BG2 - SoA/), and there will be an Override folder in there. Then just copy whatever you have into it.

There is no program that would do that, since you don't really need one.

7. Ryk O'Shay Gems: 1/31

So I was doing it right!

I was reading the instructions for installing Freedoms Reign and it recommended using the infinity engine editor standard edition and it made me wonder if I was doing it wrong.

Cool, I'll keep the mods I have already installed and go from there.

Thanks!:)

8. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Actually, for Freedom's Reign (or any file with the extensions of .tbg and .iap) you need to open IEES/P (Infinity Engine Editor Standard/Pro) and use the accompanying Infinity Addon Patcher

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.