1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The coolest Throne of Bhaal (and SoA) enemy

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Melissan, Sendai, Demogorgon, Jon Irencius, Firkraag, Shadow Patrick, etc. Any creature you think the coolest. I suppose this is an individual, but if you find the Troll coolest then feel free to tell it.
    Aspects: graphics, dialogs (style, voice etc.), maybe the behaviour in battle, and anything you liked in the creature, anything which made it cool.
    I didn't want to make a poll, because I might have left something out.

Please tell your coolest enemy(enemies) of Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal separately.

My favourite is Melissan in ToB. In SoA, probably Irenicus (mainly because of his voice only!), and Bone Fiends.

2. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

ToB: Ka'Rashur (sp?) the Pit Fiend-thingy in Watcher's Keep. (He looks like a bluish Slayer and speaks in rhyme)

SoA: Faldorn. It's probably the only fight in the series that's fought on roughly even ground.

EDIT: Ooh... I'm now a Zircon!

3. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

He's a possible enemy, but I usually don't side with Bodhi.

Guess....

Yes!

Methinks that Aran Livail is coool :D

4. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Ok... my favorite in ToB is actually Yaga-Shura mostly because I think it's funny when he realizes he's not invincible and he runs away crying!

In SoA it's hard to say. I think my favorite is either Firkragg or the slavers. When I play through the game, they give me the best fights, and I just love killing them, (evil slaving bastards and Dirty son of a B**** dick head dragon ruining my reputation!).

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

SOA: no way it can be anyone other than Irenicus. Every time I play the game I listen to his dialogue because he's just such an evil b*****d.

Bodhi would be among my other fave villains, as well as Firkraag.

TOB: tougher choice. No enemy stands out as effectively as Irenicus did in in SOA and Melissan always bugs me because of the sheer naffness of her voicing. Abazigal is cool, same with Yaga-Shura, but I think I'd have to go for Demogorgon as topic villain.

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

In SoA it has to be Bohdi - got a thing for vamp chicks.

In ToB, I don't have one - they all suck big time.

7. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hrmm

SoA - Irenicus, he's just... I don't know, just that "evilness factor" And his amazing voice and diologues. Worth playing through to hear his villain voice again :D

ToB - Amy never seemed evil after Irenicus... Hmm, so I guess I'd have to go for Abazigal. For a start I love dragons, and he's just cool, along with most of the other main characters such as Sendai and Yaga-Shura.

8. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I enjoyed the Dragon in Watcher's keep just for personality, but as far as battles go, my first time around with Sendai I was soooo confused, but ultimately that one was a lot of fun.

And I'll agree that killing Aran was fun, with a solo thief, invisibility and backstabing. heh, having all the people around you just start dying must be creepy. I should really do that again...

9. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Balthazar was probably the most "good" out of all of your enemies. Even if you're lawful good yourself, he still wants to kill you to remove the Bhaalspawn taint. He's so dedicated to his cause that he even plans to commit ritual suicide after his quest is done. He seems like a bastard, sure, but a righteous bastard. He's my pick for TOB.

10. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] All these posts prove how good game BGII is. People who posted have chosen a wide range of villains! You can see many creatures here from Slavers through Aran Linvail to Balthazar.
    Keep posting!

11. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yes, it's weird, but I think the Sahuagin are the coolest enemies. They look really frickin cool in infravision. All red and black... And of course the Drow look really cool.

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

SoA: The dwarf thief and the surly fighter (Corvale?) who stop you outside the CC. Just a pair of thugs who picked a fight with the wrong party.

ToB: The litch in Amkethran (sp?) who holds Mala's soul. The fact that a litch is scared of the PC shows that this undead actually has a brain.

I know BG isn't asked but it would simply have to be Sarevok.

13. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

SoA - Firkraag (the only dragon that acts and feels like a dragon) and Bodhi. Count me in on the "I like vampiric chicks" camp. Man I'd love a Bodhi romance... :)

ToB - Sendai (what can I say, I love the anime style "Impossible, how can he be so powerful!" stuff... :) ). And everyone's favorite... Demogorgon in watcher's keep.

Edit: Yes and an honorary mention to Balthazar. I got all the more respect for him after I learned a character with high enough wisdom can convince him to fight with you against Melissan.

14. Shadow Steele

Shadow Steele Still hiding in the shadows all night

I liked the shadow thieves with the red hoods, they fight like martial artists. swing sword, round kick, swing sword, round kick. they look realy cool.

15. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

SOA: Of course, Firkraag is cool. I mean, brings in some of Gorion's history and he was CHARNAME's foster father. So, Firkraag was after CHARNAME because she/he was raised by Gorion.

I did not like Irencus and Bodhi... Rather pathetic self centered twits in my opinion.

TOB: Sendai. What can I say? I like Drow Chicks.

16. Lutheo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

SoA: I'd probably say... the shadow dragon in Umar Hills quest. He was the first dragon I ever saw in BG2 and he made me say "Wow"

ToB: Definitley Sendai. Drow are awesome

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Drow in general, they are just so evil. You don't see that in IWD2 when you encounter the Drow, but in BG2 you can definitly see ust how bad they are.

18. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

the chinchilla and xvart bhaalspawns on the fire giant temple map !!! they rock.

19. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well for SoA, it can only be Jonny for me. I mean, his voice and spell-effects are great and the dialogue is some of the best in the whole game. "Silence dog, you have no purpose but to die by my hand." Aaah... Happy memories. Melissan somehow just never even got near to him in evilness. I guess she doesn't get time enough to have her character as fully developped as Jon.
    So in ToB I'd have to go with Abizagal. Dragons are awesome, and this is one pretty awesome dragon, :D

20. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    SoA: Hmmm... Toughy. At the risk of being predictable, probably Irenicus. His voiceset is great. Mr Warner earned his corn on that one.

ToB: Kiser Jhaeri - I just thought he was cool :p "Interlopers in my abode? Perhaps you have mistaken this edifice for an establishment of commerce. I assure you, you are mistaken." Gotta love it :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.