1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The conduct of cops in sex-related investigations

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by chevalier, Oct 15, 2005.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Edit: Removed. Looks like I stumbled across a fake news site without knowing. It was a good fake, but it's removed now, anyway. :p Who would have supposed. :p

[ October 16, 2005, 17:49: Message edited by: chevalier ]

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here's from the article:

I say, WTF? If it's bad and illegal to exchange sex for money between consenting citizens (I actually believe it is, but let's continue for a while), then how can it be permissible for officers to have sex with suspects to nail them for it?

Wonder what's next. In some countries and some states in the US, as well as the US Army, adultery is a crime. So will married officers have sex with adultery suspects? :rolleyes:

Working in the police or military intelligence or anything like that doesn't justify screwing around. Sex is still sex. Wonder if the officer in question was at least single.

Further:

Yeah. But cops don't seem to care, especially American ones (do a search on threads including "strip search" started by member chevalier if you're interested).

Correct.

Eh? And wonder how female officers behave. Some police units use fake prostitutes who are in fact undercover policewomen. Do they also strip naked because the men want to make sure they aren't cops?

The prostitute was selling sex for money. The officers used sex to further their investigation, i.e. get the job done. Where the hell is the difference?

Edit: Some more reading:

Here (long URL)
    http://www.sodomylaws.org/usa/california/canews02.htm

http://informationr.net/ir/10-1/paper209.html

Oh, and here's something about female officers playing sluts:

From http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/thread1545.shtml

Oh, and here's some more:

http://www.vancourier.com/issues04/081104/news/081104nn7.html

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's one of the perks :D

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

[​IMG] F***ing ridiculous. Just goes to show where the Tampa Bay Buccaneers get their depraved attitude.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    No, but it certainly makes it much easier. If a citizen is giving money for sex, he gets thrown in jail. If a cop does the same, he gets away by saying he was "on the job" (!). In the worst case scenario the charges get dropped, but that's about it.

That's the problem with paying people for protecting. You're giving them more power than you have, and they WILL abuse it.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*whispers at chev: dude - check out that site a bit more, you might not find it a very credible source :p *

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

The Onion is the ultimate "fake news" publication. :lol: It's quite hilarious, and though I haven't read it in a couple months, I'd like to point out that a running gag they had while I was reading it was a supposed middle part of an article that had a 'continued from' that didn't connect to any other pieces, and simply reapeated the phrase "Bystanders were amazed by the large amounts of blood." over and over until it was 'continued' on another page with no articles. They also referenced other sections of their paper that didn't exist. :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.