1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tech help windows 2000

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by DragonSlayer21, Aug 15, 2001.

1. [​IMG] The problem starts when the installation is almost complete and it's searching for plug and play units. The blue time indicator stops at about 50% and the screen goes blank except for a little blinking line.

I've tried to restart the machine and the same thing happens again. I've also tried to start the installation all over again, but still this same thing happens.

Have anyone else had this problem or know a way I can skip the search and do it later?

Until I get this fixed I'm without a computer :((I am on another machine now)

2. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Sorry Dragon Slayer i can not help you but i was wondering, i found this file called "cstrike" in my hard drive.
    Is this file needed for the computer to run or is it one of my uninstalled games that i didnt get rid off properly?
    I thought it was from the Red Alert game, but i didn't want to uninstall it incase that file was needed for the computer to run
    I want to get rid of it because its taking hard drive space up and i don't think i am using it!
    Should i uninstall it or is this file needed?

PS I have Windows 98 2nd edition, i do not want to upgrade to Windows 2000 millenium edition(i have it, got it a couple of days ago)but i have a certian game i am playing and my friend played the same game and when he installed Windows 2000 Millenium Edition the game did not work! :(

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

DragonSlayer ----> just do a total new Win-install

Gormengh --> Cstrike? isn't that from HalfLife?? It's not a necessary Win-tool, that's use.

4. A new win install? 98 version or 2000. If I do the 98 install I will have to format my hardisk, and I would like to keep some files, is there some way I could get these copied out before I delete everything?

And yes Cstrike is a half life file,
    Half-life counterstrike to be excact.

[This message has been edited by DragonSlayer21 (edited August 15, 2001).]

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

No, when you also got WIn98, just uninstall 2000..... and try to reinstall if you want to.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.