1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tal -> Those cool avatars

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Nightal, May 18, 2001.

1. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I think that introducing the Avatars is cool, and this site is the coolest on the web!

But maybe you could chance the Avatars a bit, like chancing avatar sooner (on less posts), have a more powerfull avatar earlier, introducing mages, fighters, clerics etc.
    And let the date you joint the forum count to, so some one from juli 2000 with 200 posts has a stronger/cooler avatar than someone from Dec 2000 with 250 posts,
    I doesn't matter much trough, but it's cool.

P.S.
    The avatars from Talutain, Darien Noella and Blackthorne TA look like crap, like my familiar or something.

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It's cool Tal did the whole thing at all. Being one of the old crew you should remember having no picture or level and being an apprentice FOREVER. Plus the time and post on the board speak for themselves. We don't nned to put the new poeple down that much :) And I do think they are in order of power. I could be wrong but it looks that way.

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited May 18, 2001).]

3. Avooch Dar Guest

oh god does that mean sniper has become powerful by typing the word "masturbation" over and over and over and over again? is there no justice on this board?

4. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I like the avatars Tal. Just that after being a goblin or a kobold for a while it doesn't feel the same when you kick the crap out of them in games. Damn, you kill family...
    One thing that is annoying is that I unconsciously identify the person with their avatar so it's kinda funny picturing a tasloi giving you advice or listening to an old mighty dragon complaining about double posts.

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

LOL

Aye, Tis true Avooch Dar, but you must also remember that i even though, absorbed with the satisfying prospect of masturbation, do also contribute the useful post from time to time... ;)

6. Avooch Dar Guest

i have told you some time before that i am also a 16 year old boy from england (devon to be presice) and i have never found the urge to shout (or indeed type) that obscene word all over a message board. Well i suppose it is quite funny though
    anyway i have girlfriends to do that sort of thing for me.
    ps relating to the subject i have to say that avatars are a very cool idea and would like to point out that Tal and his posse are geniuses to think of it.!

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks for the replies folks. I'm glad (most of) you like them. Of course there's always room for improvement, but I can say this now that I won't have the time to do any major changes to them for a while; at least for a month or so when I'll be hopefully done with all the damn exams that have piled up.

But in the meanwhile, feel free to make as many suggestions about changes here as possible. I will bookmark the topic and implement any good ideas I came across here.

8. herf Guest

TALUNTAIN!! i made a topic about that a while ago and u closed it down becuase u said it wasn't worth the space!

9. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Is that a whine I hear? Sshhh... wait... yes... yes, it's definitely a whine!

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Really herf? Which one was that? I doubt it was much like this one...

11. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Sigh, can anyone be happy?

actually, I dunno why I can talk, i still stand by my word of being default.

12. herf Guest

13. Taluntain

Media:
    You're nuts. A while ago? The damn thing was started in November last year for God's sake!
    And we're discussing AVATARS here, and AVATARS only. Read the topic before you reply.

In that closed post everything but the kitchen sink was discussed. It was closed for a reason, not just to bring it back up again when you feel like it. If you have any ideas about the avatars, fine, post them here. I never said I'll implement every single thing people come up with. But I might at least some of them, if they're feasible.

14. herf Guest

tal, it wasnt just the avatars you were thinkin bout-
    "But in the meanwhile, feel free to make as many suggestions about changes here as possible. I will bookmark the topic and implement any good ideas I came across here."
    thats exactly what u said, haha, i win, you were wrong.

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yes this is a spam, however I propose this (copied from BG2 forums)

Idea about our jobs in form of avatar was good, however we're all identifying ourselves with avatars. Can you please leave it that way? So there will be real Goblin Chief who leads goblins, not some guy who is manically affected in wasting goblins?

16. Taluntain

Media:
    herf, I was talking about AVATAR changes. Still doesn't ring a bell? Then I'm afraid Big Ben over your head wouldn't. :rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 19, 2001).]

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! :D :D

In one corner, we have the big baddaboom boss daddy (otherwise known as taluntain) getting ready to face his challenger the dark destroyer of decaying destruction (otherwise known as herf)

Their managers are giving them rapid instructions...let us see what their managers have to say...

So Ms. Darien Noella (Taluntain's manageress) what have you to say about the match?
    "Well, I think that I- I mean WE will kick herf's arse. You see, that Herf kid, whines to much. He will be too distracted to make any move. But Taluntain is always focused on his job and will easily sit all over Herf...I know I- I mean We will win" Thankyou for you time Ms. Darien Noella
    "Not at all! Just remember m- I mean us as the champions of the world"

And now to Herf's manager...

So Mr. Avooch Dar, what have you to say about the upcoming fight?
    "Well, i fink that we should win as long as i can get a girl to masturbate me. It retains my youth and enthusiasm when a girl masturbates me. And yes! I lied! I actually like the word masturbate! The word brings a thrill to my bum! Masturbate Masturbate!! I love Masturbating! My mum says i'm good at it! And even my da- er...where was i? Oh yes, we should also win as Taluntain is always so busy withother things, so i won't be surprised if he goes off for a month or so doing things...what things? well...masturbating! Yes yes masturbating! Such a good word that! Hmm..."

Er...thankyou Mr. Avooch Dar...an-

"You should masturbate someti-"

I really have to go to the loo Mr. Avooch Dar and er...good luck for the both of you...

Anyway, stay tuned to see who will win this match.

This is Sorcerer's Place Unreal Tornement News...

Sniper

18. Avooch Dar Guest

ooh now i have a good sense of humour but mentioning family is just going too far!

At least i have something to masturbate with sniper!
    oh and on the subject of avatars i think we should have change of name for the lower ranks.
    [This message has been edited by Avooch Dar (edited May 19, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Avooch Dar (edited May 19, 2001).]

19. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Gee Sniper, what would we have done without that comment of yours...
    But OK, I won't start throwing fireballs this time since you actually made me laugh. But, please people, stick to the TOPIC OF AVATARS.

20. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sniper! LOL!!

Tal- how about Masturbating Avatars? ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.