1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Taking My Music Further

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Elios, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have decidede to release a CD!
    If you remember several months ago, I was playing around with mixing some music. THrough some people I knew, I got radio play on two of my songs. I got some good comments from people and the DJs who played my songs.
    As a result, I've been in contact with some record producers about releasing a cd. Now, don't expect to see me on the MTV Music awards or the grammy's any time soon.
    I will be producing the cd under my own label as this is the most inexpensive route to go right now. Its more of just a hobby type of thing and I just thought it would be cool to say I had a cd produced. If it ever comes to the point were there is a major response to it, according to one producer I talked to, I could re-release the cd under a larger record label in the future and take advantage of the marketing potential of such a company.
    The cd should be finished sometime after the first of next year. Since I am doing everything myself, I'll need the time to design a cd cover and a few more songs as well.
    When the cd is released, I'll post on here if anyone wants a copy.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hay, well done! :thumb:
    Excellent going.

How many years until your songs are going to be number one here?

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Great work! I fyou hit it big can you spot me a 20? :p

4. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Cool! What kind of music do you play?

5. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well done Elios :thumb: remember us when you reach the sky. will you send a copy to any dedicated SPer?

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    He won't have to; we'll just download it for free off the 'net :xx: :shake:

7. Elios Gems: 17/31

The music is dance. Mostly like what ou'd hear in a club. I am mostly mixing euro and hiphop styles. But mostly euro.

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ah Aragorn II, looks like we have competition :D :p :)

Hey congratulations! I like a bit of Dance music myself (more into trance) so tell me what youre albums called and all that and I'll make sure to go buy it somewhere :D

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Congrats Elios :)

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No downloading, people. Let's support this budding artist. Elios, when it's produced please post where it can be purchased. I'd love to buy a copy. Do you have a website, or are you planning on getting one?

eliosmusic.com IS available. Check it out.

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Congrats Elios. I really hope this goes well for you.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    'Euro' dance? I will probably make a complete ar$e of meselves, but what is 'Euro'dance?
    Perhaps non-europeans name it euro, and I do not know...

13. Elios Gems: 17/31

Eurodance is a BROAD genre of music which is essentially dance or club oriented addictive pop music that usually (but not always) is produced in Europe. Hit songs often go international.
    It is often very positive and upbeat; the lyrics often involve issues of love and peace or expressing and overcoming difficult emotions.
    Almost all Eurodance emphasizes percussion and rhythm. Most Eurodance is also very melody-driven.
    Strangely, lyrics are in English 90% of the time, no matter what country the artist is from.
    There are many types of Eurodance, and the categories are somewhat vague and many cross over one another. There are many sub-categories within the category of Eurodance. These are not set in stone but some are commonly recognized: Trance, House, Techno, Euro Pop, Hi NRG, Eurobeat, Bubblegum, Euro Reggae, and more.
    Bubblegum: Started in Denmark. Usually female artists with silly lyrics and happy sounds. Chorus, verse style lyrics. Not to be taken seriously, but often amusing and cheerful.
    Classic Eurodance: Often a female vocalist and a male rapper. Synths are old fashioned, often has an 80's or early 90's sound.
    Eurobeat: The most obscure category and perhaps least mainstream. It is very fast, often over 170 bpm and contains elements of classic eurodance and high energy, mixed with a Japanese unique flair. It is like sped-up 70's disco with Trance and Italian High Energy elements. There is a dance called "Para Para" that can accompany it.
    Euro Pop: This is the vaguest category, as all of this is Pop music. Basically it is Pop music with elements of Classic Eurodance or Trance but isn't quite one of the other categories. Often Chorus, verse style lyrics.
    Euro Reggae: Electronic Reggae... slower than the other categories, and contains chords on the upbeats played by keyboard or guitar. Often has a tropical feel as well.
    Euro Latin: Another popular thing to do to an album is stick in a track or two that have Latin-derived feelings or often Spanish language
    High Energy(Hi NRG):Derived from disco. An Italian creation. It is Pop, Classic Eurodance, and Trance combined, and perhaps sped up a little bit. It is very uplifting. The vocals are very full sounding and so are the synth arrangements.
    House: Similar to Trance, but less often contains vocals, and even less frequently contains many lyrics. Harder synths and often longer, slowly changing and growing songs. Slower tempo.
    Techno: This is an old fashioned word, really. It meants music with electronic sounds, or technology influence. Almost all these categories could be called Techno under those standards. It tends to use more sound effects and chord hit type sounds. Crazy keyboard synths. Loud and powerful.
    Trance: Often vocal. Usually not chorus, verse lyrics - more vague or repetitive. Simple lyrics. A lot of effects and echoes on the vocals. Driving percussion and ethereal chords. Often has a strong synth line with addicting rhythm.

A Little History of Eurodance in the USA:
    While the roots of Eurodance are 70's dance music, such as Abba and their Dancing Queen, the genre had a revival in the early nineties with tunes most Americans would know: Be My Lover, Rhythm of the Night, Another Night, by artists like La Bouche, Corona, and Real McCoy. This sub genre is often called "classic Eurodance." Later rose groups like Aqua, Vengaboys, and Eiffel 65 with tunes like Barbie Girl, We Like to Party, and Blue. Euro Pop and Bubblegum had made it to the US.
    The newest mainstream genre here seems to be Trance. Some examples are songs like Castles in the Sky and Sandstorm by Ian Van Dahl and Darude.
    It is important to remember that these categories are not limited by time periods: Many artists do not fit neatly in the box; some still make classic eurodance, and others made Trance-like songs years before the others. Some make several types.
    Eurodance has been creeping into the USA ever since any other imported Pop music, but it is still fairly rare for dance artists to make it here. It is still not considered mainstream pop, but it is very popular in dance clubs!

14. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Eurodance is cool.

*waiting for Elios' album thingie*

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hey congrats Elios :D

Let me know where I can buy this album once it is out on the market.

I love all types of music ^^

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Would Tiesto be Eurodance or is it trance?

Anyway, I don't feel particularly attracted to dance, except for that one moment once in about 2 years I visit a disco and have a great time dancing till I drop.
    But since you're a fellow SP member I might give it a try, out of respect. :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.