1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Swashbuckler stats

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Swashbuckler, Oct 22, 2000.

1. Swashbuckler Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I Have just started a swashbuckler after playing a while with a normal theif and not liking it because he couldn't fight worth anything. I descieded to play a swashbukler because he seemed to have better fighting skills (and I never backstabed anyway). I was wondering which things are most inportant to a swashbukler (strength, ect.)

2. gwarps Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] if you get a good roll you can put 18 in str, con, and dex.

i normally keep rolling until i get about an average of 3x 14 and 3x 15

3. Armin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just finished the game 2nd time through with a swashbuckler, 'tis an amazingly fun kit lacking *severely* in one area: hitpoints.

With the right stats (had 19 str, 18 dex), and some nice equipment , a swashbuckler can fight almost as well as any fighter, and still get all the thieving skills. Double wielding all those nice longswords that no one else can really use, and still reach AC -10... and level 23 ;)

The real trouble for me was, that as my main char he was just too bloody flimsy to do what he does best. A front line melee fighter with 60 hitpoints is an invitation to a LOT of screaming deaths ;)
    Each critical hit from a tough enemy - curtains (no helms either), each mage casting Abu Dhazim's - curtains, each sunfire - you get the pic...

16 con is a must (more would be wasted, only warriors get the +3/+4 hitpoint per level bonus for higher constitution), and on creation you better make sure the comp rolled the hp well.

With a thieves' poor THAC0, a strength *above* 18 is a must later, so either play a half-orc or buy the girdle of hill giant strength at the AM asap.

Then 2 points in longsword, 3 in two-weapon style and you're set.

Did I mention to get a solid, long-lasting liaison with the "q" key going? :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.