1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sunken City Fun (MotB Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Blackthorne TA, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just finished the Sunken City, and it was rather interesting.

Declined to help the Dao destroy that giant Earth Elemental. I assume the key he had would have shortened my journey somewhat, but why would I want to do that? I just killed my way to the front of the line anyway :lol: Besides, that was one HUGE elemental in there :)

Couple of really funny things/nice touches:

That coffin with the Vampire Lord in it. Okku tossed it through the Shadow Portal, and when I was all done it was daylight on the other side, so when I opened it, the guy erupted into flames and went running off! :lol:

Next, I bribed my way into the city for 50,000gp (I couldn't get rid of the Mind Flayer on the outside), but since I decided to destroy the Coven and all the Hags went hostile, when I killed the guard I had bribed, he had my 50,000gp on him, so I got it back! :)

Inside the Skein was fairly routine, nothing too difficult or complicated, but I was surprised to find out the hag at the end was Gann's mom :)

You also get more interesting clues as to what has happened to you, so at this point I'm pretty sure I have the Betrayer's soul (or what's left of it) possibly altered by Myrkul to have some aspects of the hunger of the Wall of the Faithless imparted to it inside me, and I'm going to have to pick up where the Betrayer left off. I'm guessing based on the information from the dream sequences that I'll have to decide whether to bring down the Wall, or somehow atone for the Betrayer's Crusade.

2. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

didn't like skein very much, it's a huge dark labyrinth and the clock is ticking

i've lowered the water, killed the elemental and rescued the sleeper though, so i'm not complaining

the coven must have been the easiest battle ever, i cast one wail of the banshee and they all died

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Once I activated all the machines and lowered the water, the door to the elemental room closed and sealed, so I couldn't kill it after that even if I wanted to.

What happens if you kill it first? I figured there must be some reason they sealed off the door when activating the machines... something must happen when you kill the elemental since it's obviously being used for something in there.

EDIT:
    Clock ticking? Do you mean the spirit bar? You essentially don't have to worry about your spirit bar in there because that air elemental that drops that dust when "killed" constantly respawns (at least until you activate all the machines; I'm not sure if it did after that), and you can use Devour Spirit on it. Plus, just about every monster in there is a telthor or an elemental. Plus the hags; not sure if you can devour a hag though... never tried it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  4. Master Leo Gems: 7/31

skein becomes unstable if you kill the elemental, and most of the area collapses

if you lower the water first, the door to elemental closes, but this can be circumvented if you put your characters into the room before you lower the water

with the split party, you can explore the waterways, and after that kill the elemental with the other half of the party

i think you need devour soul to eat the hags

5. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Ah. So I take it that if the door to the elemental seals on you (or your party members), you can open it from the other side? Or at least the collapse that occurs once you kill it lets you out? Interesting.

Did you try devouring the spirit of that huge elemental as a killing blow? I wonder if you would have gotten an interesting essence out of it...

6. Master Leo Gems: 7/31

you only get a brilliant spirit essence :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.