1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid Political Slogans

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Ragusa, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Politicians must think their voters idiots I sometimes presume. One example:

Mitt Romney sais he wants a big stick military. I wonder, if any US presidential candidate wants a small stick, castrated, pinto, micro military. Ah yes, the Defeatocrats! Sais D-candidate Jean-Paul Bin-Laden: Qui, oui, I want our Americain militaire weak so our enemies will defeat our grande nation! Alors!?"

Why did Romney say that? To trigger mindless, reflexive applause from a braindead audience? Does he really think his potential voters so daft?
    D or R, all US politicos want a big stick. It isn't exactly as if Clinton's military was weak and feeble - it is the force Bush abused for the attempt to regime change Iraq and that crushed Iraq in the initial onslaught; it is just not made for colonial duty.

Romney's babbling offers sooooo obviously a false dual choice I propose it for the dumb slogan of the day. Any competing proposals?

2. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Romney's an idiot, everything I've read from the guy points to that. Oh and look he even remembered to quote a long dead president! :rolleyes:

I really really hope that he won't be the one ending up with the republican nomination.

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Actually I bet about 20% are about that dumb...

Here's a fun Gary Condit re-election slogan (courtesy of Jay Leno):

Gary Condit... he only looks gay.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I quoted this in the Mormonism thread when Reverend Sharpton made a snide remark about Mormons:

"If there be any among you who hath not said anything stupid, let them cast the first shoe"

Here's the more telling line:

It sounds like he wants a big military so that other nations will think twice about causing trouble, but he doesn't want to start anything either.

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

"Stay the Course," no matter what dickhead says it this time.

6. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Gnarf, I think Ragusa's point kind of was that the military is allready big and that future expansion would probably serve little purpose. The US army is more than capable of dealing with military threats as it is.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Morgoroth, pretty much. Today the US outspend the next 20 big-spending nations put together on the defense budget and that moron Romney is talking of a 'big stick' as if the question of US military preponderance is somehow in doubt. What a moron.

Military strength is part of the US bipartisan consensus. Even under Clinton, who was accused to be weak on defense, the US only outspent the next 15 nations put together - most of them being allies. I guess that faint rattling I heared then was the sound of the US conservatives shaking in their boots in utter terror in face of such appaling US weekness. Nonsense!

Expect Brilliant Rudy trying to top Romney by wanting an even bigger stick military (Haha!), only to be topped again by candidate Nutjob saying he wants the greatest military (Hoho! Dodge that!) .... and so forth. Redundant. Pointless. Asinine.

[ June 18, 2007, 13:20: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Another possibility is that with all the jobs leaving the US, the Army could be needed to pick up the slack and keep people employed. The Economy is tanking otherwise...

9. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    'When I'm president, we'll outspend the next thirty nations...and we'll still take years to beat an enemy that barely has firearms!'

10. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Don't see it. The military isn't looking to hire laid off 40 year old welders with no other marketable job skills. It also doesn't contribute anything to the GNP.

11. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    This ties in well with Morg's thread on people abusing quotes and making themselves appear foolish in the process. TR, the president Romney is quoting was also asked to comment on the Spanish-American War and his feelings on war in general. TR quipped:

"The Spanish-American War was not much. It was a puny war, but it was all we had at the time."

What would TR think of Iraq?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.