1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Still being ugly and paranoid, but who cares

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    [​IMG] Since I went and promised to post my pic here some time ago and since this pic's going to the net anyways I might as well post it here.

The things you do when lacking in self-esteem. Ho-hum...

The original topic was that am I being ugly or paranoid or both. And still no mirrors or cameras broken...

So here it is, brace yourselves
    http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wm2sq.png

2. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well I'm not ready to pick out curtains or anything, but you don't look hidious to me. Of course I'm hard to scare after so many years of shaving the face in the mirror.

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    That's not the best picture in the world, but I don't find you repulsive. Off the top I'd say you're about average in the looks department, but that assessment might change upon knowing you better or seeing a better picture.

However, I must say you should lose the nasty sideburns. Ick. ;)

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You aren't ugly, but you may be paranoid. I would really suggest not caring so much. There are so many other things that matter more in your life than if you're handsome or ugly, which is a subjective matter, anyway. Besides, there's more drama in it than real paranoia. Admit it, you wanted someone to say it's a good picture. ;) And yeah, it is, but that's besides the point. Relax a bit. There's no amount of praise that could fix your self-esteem if you feel like you're lacking something or if you think people are just trying to be nice, and you will just feel even worse. Don't dwell on whatever you think might be handicapping you, but get down to business and solve what problems trouble you. And don't fall into the trap of getting appreciation by berating yourself. Better ask people if they like something or even what they think of you and treat them like equals so they will treat you the same.

BTW, women more easily fall for total douchebags who are full of confidence (and nothing else) than even great guys who think there's something wrong with them when it isn't. Just stop caring about your looks and women won't give a damn, either. If some ex told you you look bad, it was out of spite, anyway. I've been told that too and I still can't stop looking in the mirror whenever I pass by one. :p

Rally is right about sideburns. :p You'll look better without them and better than the average guy. But the average guy doesn't give a damn (because he doesn't even grasp the concept :p ), so neither should you.

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    No Sideburns! Hey! And here I was nurturing the idea of growing a beard! :D

But maybe I should give my face a change and lose the excess facial hair. If it'll look better, fine. And I can always grow them back in no time.

Anyways, I'm pleased...got that little ego-boost I needed. Thanks!

6. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Oh, don't get all Queer Eye For Iku-Turso now. A little facial hair never hurt anybody, unless you scratch somebody's eye with it.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:aaa: You look like Chris Kattan!

I like the sideburns. They make you look PHAT. :thumb: ;)

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Hey, i currently nurturing a goatee, it rocks! :p

9. Abomination Gems: 26/31

I'm sorry but the first thing I thought when I saw that picture was you saying "Yeeeesss my precious!"

The picture isn't exactly a good one. Looking at somebody and smiling a genuine smile is more often than not ALWAYS the best picture.

10. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Some women are rumored to like facial hair...

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Naah, you're not uly, just paranoid. On the upper reaches of average :)

12. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Your nick matches with your face, IMO.

Hey, someone's got to be negative too!

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

In all honesty, I laughed out loud when I saw the pic. But it's not your face, it's those ridiculous things you call sideburns. Whatever you do with your facial hair, do something; anything would be an improvement over your current look. Grow a beard and keep the sideburns for the framed look, shave the sideburns and grow a beard or don't. The only thing is do not leave it as is. (Though I'm not sure whether sideburns & mustache w/o beard would look worse.)

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Ditto chev. You're not at all ugly, you just have low self esteem. :) I like the way you look and I'm a girl, so why would other girls find you repulsive? Besides, a good personality is much more important than good looks :)

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Dude, the Sideburnas just don't work. mund you a beard might.

I'm going to shave my beard down to a goatee tomorrow...

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the way that you look either and I am also female. You have interesting features and I think that all males should experiment with facial hair at some point in their lives. I would like to see another picure, however, that is more of a frontal view. :)

17. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You look like any normal human being. I don't see any reason to call you ugly.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Don't cover up that chin cleft. :nono: You look 10 times better with no beard.

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Chukles...

Thanks a ton people!

My self esteem's rocketing like a golden chocobo.

And thanks for the negative feedback as well. I might add that I didn't choose this picture to be released, but since it's going to be public you might as well have your fun with it.

And no way I'm growing moustache!

You people are a treasure!

20. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

And remember, we Fins need no looks, we're all about character! But anyways, you still look like regular person.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.