1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Video Game

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Elios, May 9, 2005.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I picked this up on rental yeterday. DO NOT GET IT. At least until the movie comes out.
    Its pretty mindless, somewhat fun. You run around hacking stuff up with your lightsaber. There is some minor upgrading.
    But the most important part, it has scenes from the upcoming movie. And it follows the story of the movie. So, if you don't want to spoil the movie, wait and get it after you've seen the movie.
    I finished the main story missions. It took me about an afternoon and evening to finish it. Did it on medium difficulty. Not much challange to it. You upgrade your force power based on how much experience you get. You experience is based on what kind of combo moves you do and such. On some of the missions you are fighting along side other characters.
    I now know how the story ends! Ha ha, I think so does everyone else.
    Anyways, there are some nice extras that you get. Not anything huge, but pretty cool non the less.
    Another cool feature is the 2 player vs. You each pick a Jedi and you get to duel. As you do certain things in the game, more characters become available to duel. Including a couple classic ones.
    There is also a 2 player co-op for some of the main story missions.
    I won't go in to too much detail, simply because doing so could actually spoil the movie. But if anyone wants specific details, what characters you can play with, some of the cool extras, let me know and I will be happy to pm anyone about that.

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I'm sure it's a no-brainer, like all the other Star Wars garbage that came out the last few years, I don't know what happened since Rebellion but I am sure evil marketing Sith from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away came over and converted George Lucas to the Dark Side so that Lucasarts would only produce more garbage.

Okay okay, Knights of the Old Republic isn't that bad(except for the alien "voice acting"), but part 2 is.

*Morgoth dreams away with his fond memories of Dark Forces 2 and Tie-Fighter*

3. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Dark Forces 2 and Tie-fighter. Now there were some games. I still have tie fighter and play it every once in awhile. Graphics suck, but the game is so awesome.
    Knights of the Old Republic was good. But it could have been better. It was still pretty linear. I hate linear games. Now, a Star Wars game set in the style of Baldur's Gate, how much would that rock?

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    With the old IE engine in a 640x480 resolution?
    Very, since that leaves much time to be spend on the story and the gameplay.

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I gotta admit, I really like this game. The lightsaber duels are INTENSE!

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Okay okay, Knights of the Old Republic isn't that bad(except for the alien "voice acting"), but part 2 is."

are you serious?? :eek: Kreia´s voicing was awesome!! :p

7. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Wait...SINCE Rebellion things got bad? You crazy, Morgie. You jes plain crazy.

:p

8. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

are you serious?? [Eek!] Kreia´s voicing was awesome!! [Razz]

I don't think she counts as an 'alien voice actor'.

Did Force Commander come before or after Rebellion?

Actually, I'd tend to agree. Before Rebellion we had X-Wing, TIE Fighter and the Rebel Assault games on PC. Two were excellent, never played Rebel Assault but I've heard they're pretty average.

The we started getting Battle for Naboo and the Episode I game.

9. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yeah, but we still got X-Wing Alliance (and X vs Tie, I think), Jedi Knight II, Jedi Academy, and the KotORs.

Pretty impressive list, really.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"I don't think she counts as an 'alien voice actor'."

yeah, but she was in part 2 :) and part 2 wasn´t THAT bad. it could´ve been much better though. See the KotOR2 thread for more specfics :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.