1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Staff of thunder and lightning

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by sorvo, Sep 24, 2001.

1. sorvo Guest

[​IMG] My "perfect" guide says there is a staff of T&L in the druid grove after the faldorn quest. I can't find it! Is this for a main character druid stonghold quest or just another typo?

2. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I remember getting that staff there, and I've never done the druid stronghold, so you should be able to get it... can't remember how I got it, though.
    I think that there's a similar staff in Spellhold, so you might want to look there as well...

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] You recieve it as reward, it should be given to you I think, did you check your inventory?

4. TGM Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You get the staff only when U defeat Faldorn with Jaheira. If U use Cernd or the poison, U will lose the item.
    And right, there is a similar staff in Spellhold.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You get it when you kill Faldorn from Master Verthan.

But ONLY if you or Jaheira got rid of Faldorn. If you used Cernd - then no staff...

Errr, what is that so nice guide that lacks info? :flaming:

[EDIT]
    Wheeeeell, beated by a newbie... ;)
    I'm getting old...

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited September 24, 2001).]

6. sorvo Guest

VERSUS BOOKS SOA Official Perfect Guide. This way I don't have to go online for every single thing I want to know. I used Cernd,I have Jaheira waiting for me in front of the Harper Hold! Oh well at least theres another in spellhold. Thank you all!!!!!!!

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Lol those guide books crack me up, well they have pretty pictures though :p

Speaking of the Staves of Thunder and Lightning, did anyone end up using all the charges on them? IIRC, the one you get from the grove has like 25 charges for call lightning and lightning bolt, while the one in Spellhold has only 10 charges for each.

8. TGM Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] No, I think that staff is not the best choice through all the game, perhaps in the first episodes. If you are a cleric, you better choose a one-handed weapon and a shield, and if you're a druid, the best choice is the Staff of Arundel, or the staff(forgot its name)that you get in Suldanesselar. You can use the S.of T&L for fun however, but that's all.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Oh yeah I mean I didn't use it as my primary staff, but I kept it handy and did use it outside a lot ;) Mainly for its charges.

10. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I beat the grove w/Cernd once & didn't get it. I beat it another with him, and did. Funny....

11. Primus The One Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok as long as we are on the staff, I got it at the grove, have it equip. but can't figure how to use it. So my question is. How do you use it?

12. sorvo Guest

You have to hit the backpack icon to bring up special abilities for weapons and equipment you carry.

13. void Guest

I got it when I beat faldorn with my druid but not when I did it with Cernd.

Cheers, Void.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.