1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spellhold, don't understand?!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Arathorn, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Arathorn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm in spell hold after I rescued imoen and there is this part where you dig in this chest and you have like 10 to 12 items to take out of the chest and place on the hands of these statues in the room...what is the meaning of all this?!?!!?!?

[ September 07, 2002, 11:04: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Its a riddle... Place the objects from the chest in the hands of the statue whos inscription matches the item.
    Ex.
    statue yields
    "Here in this place you can swallow me but if I where more I could swallow you".
    The answer is the flask of water from the chest.

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Be careful about the sun medallion, sundial and hourglass. Since they overlap somewhat, it's confusing to decide which is the right symbol for what.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yeah i know that riddle :mad: :mad: I was standing by it for an hour or so :mad: :mad:

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It though it was easy. If you don't understand any of those riddles just ask and I can tell you.

6. Arathorn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So is something supposed to happen when I place them all in the correct places...i.e. is it worth figuring out where the objects go?

7. Gamer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If you place all of them correctly an item appears in the box. I don't remeber exactly what it is, but it was worth the trouble. If you don't know the answer to one of the riddles, just post here or use the search, it's been discussed here for sure

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's not the matter of whether it is worth it or not. You must do this to get an important quest item and another item that you will most likely find useful.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] And to prove that you're not thick ;)

I think the reward is a gemstone and an ioun stone

in order I think the items go - Skull, hourglass, mirror, gagged man, sword

The rest you can work out ;)

10. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Easy solution for the riddle:
    All the items go in the statues left-down-right-up exactly in the order you have picked them up from the chest. The ONLY 1 thing that doesn't go in order is Worn Boots, but they are easy to place.

You get an Ioun stone and a Gem, that you can use on the teleport field to the north of the room discussed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.