1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP Happenings #62

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by Taluntain, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This past week has been crazy in just about every aspect of the word. After months of silence, whispers and rumours, Atari dragged out the rusty PR cannons and started bombing the gaming news with announcements and previews of no less than 4 upcoming new D&D games. Considering the irrational flood of revelations all of a sudden, it remains a mystery why they're still keeping mum on Baldur's Gate 3, though I'm sure we'll be buried in news about that one soon enough as well. My faithful sidek... err, I mean, Head Daily News Editor, chevalier, also managed to get his computer into repair just as this PR offensive started, so I was on my own to post a bunch of news. Luckily, he's back now, so I can concentrate on other things besides posting news. Just reading all this news salad is time-consuming enough.

As much as I could, I've been working on the site update, though with the incessant storms this week (and subsequent power failures), I didn't get much done yet, though I should have something by the end of the week.

Our forums have also been a hotbed of activity this past week. I've added 3 new game forums, set up several new categories and regrouped all of the existing forums. Things should be much clearer this way. SP's up to 30 forums (2 archived) now, so clear grouping of forums is a must. My, my, how we have grown...

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah ha! So I'm not seeing things. And here I was thinking I had somehow not noticed the new forums and forum groupings before now.

It sure seems to take a long time now to scroll all the way down the main page. :D

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, I've changed all this forum stuff only a couple of hours ago. ;)

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Things always happen when I'm out. I get my computer down for maintenance for a couple of days and they announce games. I get out for a little walk and you turn the forums upside down. :shake: :lol:

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

A preponderance of forums!

And atleast 2 new games-in-development in the past week. Guess D&Ds and RPGs are not dead yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.