1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Some Final Fantasy 7 help please

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Faragon, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Okay, I've gone up the Shinra tower, rescued Aeris and got busted trying to get out. I escaped again, and found out that Jenova (or whatever) broke out and went on a killing spree. Then I followed red upstairs, who was tracking it. At the 68th level I'm stuck. Barret is at the 67th level still in the jails "cleaning up" and red says nothing other than "it looks like it went up".

I have Aeris and Tifa in my party, and can't find a way up to the 69th floor. Also from the 67th floor I can't use the normal stairs up, I have to use the elevator near the savepoint. Any help?

[ December 24, 2003, 15:12: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I had some trouble finding that too, but if you go down from where you fight that poison monster, there should be a small hallway under the walking ramp leading east (or right from your perspective). IIRC there also should be some bloody tracks there but I'm not sure.

The hallway is not on the walking ramp but just beneath it. Hope it helps.

3. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

yup i think Apeman is right, that door should lead you to some stairs that will take you to the 69th floor

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Ah, thanks.

You know, I love this game, but I absolutely loathe the way they designed levels. This isn't the first time I got stuck for hours because I didn't know what background thing to walk on :)

The select button helps, but not always.

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

The fact that it runs on your machine is impressive.

Most. Impressive.

I think I tried the XP patch one time, too, but the game was having problems with my USB joystick.

6. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

That's because it's a bad idea to play it with a joystick to begin with. The menus are designed to be used by a joypad (or eventually a keyboard can serve) since it is a early playstation port.

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Ejsmith: Somehow I doubt it's impressive that it runs on this machine because I'm playing it on a playstation :p Seems I forgot to tag this thread as "PS". Sorry about the confusion.

8. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Argh! You guys just got me all inspired to play FF7 again!!! Damn you! Damn you all to the abyss!

9. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Good old FF7.

I got the urge to play it again too a while back. But since I lost my original discs I borrowed it and now I´m playing it on my pc. Doesn´t feel right to use the keyboard, but my sidewinder gamepad wont work.

The Ruby and Diamond weapons are alot harder than I remember. I´m lv 99 on the three guys I use and have all master materias but those things just wont go down... Guess I´ll just skip them and go down and beat Sephiroth up once and for all :)

10. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Diamond? Eh.
    You mean Emerald?

11. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

you can always use the cheese way to beat them. all 3 Chars equip memic/sketch materie, he first one cast Kotr summon then the others mimics, also remember to have last action + pheonix summon together. makes the weapons and all other things so easy.

12. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yes, Emerald ofcourse.

Mime is the name of the materia you have in mind.
    There´s no cheeze in that tactic. That´s the purpose of that materia. Only thing is that I no longer have the patience I had when the game was new. And since the only way to get the Final Attack materia is to do battles in the Battle Square at the Gold Saucer I´ll have to get by without it. It was tiresome enough to get Omnislash from that place. Heh, just remembered that I can beat Ruby pretty easy, I got it all set up in my save... I was alittle tired last time.

13. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I have another question related to FFVII, we recently bought a playstation 2, and I want to play FFVII on that, the game works but I can't save on my PS2 memorycard.

On the cover there's a sticker with memorycard 1 block, does that mean that I need a ps1 memory card, are those even compatible a ps2? putting it in the second slot doesn't help, I have three other games saved on that 8mb memorycard, could it be that it is full?

please help!

14. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

yes you need a ps1 memory card to save ps1 savegames. the ps2 uses another system to create savegames.

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm... I think I'll dig up my copy of FF7 and start re-playing... I never DID finish it the last time, before Jenova went insane and I lost my savegames.

16. The_Swordalizer Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

an old hint for FF7 beating the weapons is to make sure you get your hitpoints to 7777 ( use a 1 dam attack to knock your characters down to it ) then fight them - you get a LUCKY SEVEN attack at the start of the battle for about 500,000 damage.

17. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Wohoho, i forgot about that... Those weapons were damn hard, and if you are correct, this makes it really easy!

Do you need equip something specificaly for that lucky seven attack?

18. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

But don't you have to do that DURING the battle? I remember experimenting with the lucky seven attack on random monsters... as soon as I hit someone down to 7777 HP, he does the attack, kills the monster and ends the combat. But his HP gets reset to something else, so you have to get to 7777 HP all over again.

19. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I always cheated, and loaded up with the right kind of connected materia. A couple of the battles were still difficult.

20. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I just love this game.

Started it again some 2 months ago and now I play it whenever I go back to my old hometown. That's around once or twice a month.

Just an advice. If you want the game to be interesting, instead of playing to 99 and mastering all materia, try what I do. Play only the essential battles. That is, don't avoid common battles but don't go chasing after them either. Only fight what you need to get forward in the game and the few little extra stuff in between, like Magic Hammer, White Wind and Big Barrier for Enemy Skill. Using tactics such as keeping Fury on all the time in order to increase Limit growth is ok.

Anyway, with this rate you'll be around level 50 max by the time you need to beat weapons and sephiroth. In this latest game I only died twice with such a group before disc 3. But man has it been a challenge nevertheless!

I've yet to see if I can beat the weapons with this low-level a group. The first tactic I developed against Ruby weapon (shield + magic hammer + elixir) is by far the most difficult one, but it should allow you to beat the weapon at an incredibly low level.. without Hades or Knights of Round. But Emerald weapon will undoubtedly be a problem.

Anyway, I've whacked the game through with ~lvl80 parties so many times there's no point in doing that again. The feeling is so different when any tougher boss is genuinely hard to beat. Instead of going "nah, I won't need Big Guard in this one", you go "man I need to use every little trick I can come up with in order to win". Not to the point of making the game annoyingly hard by escaping from every fight so you're level 10 in the end, there's no point in that. This just increases the immersion a bit. Afterall it's hard to feel serious about it when at the point where Sephiroth kills you-know-who, Cloud alone could beat the crap out of him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.