1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Snow

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Belisarius, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] WhoooHoooo! We are getting the first snow storm of the year right now!!!! So far there's is 6 inches on the ground! You may not think it's much, but where I live, anything over 2 inches is a state emergency situation!!!

I can't wait to go sledding!

How do you feel about snow? DO you get much where you live?

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I like the snow (except for shoveling and traffic). Living in the northeastern US, we get quite a bit. I'm looking forward to taking my son (he's 2) sledding. It's going to be a lot of fun.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh yeah, tons of snow here in So Cal... if I drive a few hours up into the mountains that is. :)

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Snow makes the scenery look beautiful, but I prefer admiring it from inside a warm house. The last few years we had at least one or two days of snow here in Holland.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

All we ever get here is wet rubbish, that doesn't last one single day. I wish we had a white Christmas for a change.

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

How about last year? Or the year before? It might not have been exactly at Christmas but we did have snow in Holland. Not only wet rubbish, but also good, thick snow.

7. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

At least you get snow.

In England, we haven't had snow actually settle for the best part of 5 years at least in the south east, to my memory. I love the snow and the cold, yet we never ever get anything which I agree with, its always rain or something.

6 inches an emergency?? I asked my college what depth of snow will mean we don't have to go in(as there is some due, but I doubt it will come to anything). Its a whole foot!! 12 inches, and nothing less. This sucks, im gonna go stick my head in the freezer for a while. Mmmm, brisk.

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I love snow. No calculating the number of electrons in the fifth-level orbital of Radon for me. No turning in that 3-page report on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. No going over the difference between apprine and eppocrine glands today. And no learning what I got on the French dictation. Snow... the helping hand of a frenzied sophomore student.

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Sir Bel, I bet we're getting our snows from the same storm! I'm glad I decided to work from home today - I got to take my toddler out to play this morning, and we'll go again after naptime.

I moved back to PA last year after living in Oregon for 8 years. Neither area gets enough snow for me, and when the snow DOES fall, people can be very stupid about it.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No snow here at all... Yet. Which is quite surprising.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hmm.. I remember a pack of snow to my knees, 2 years ago..

dont remember anymore, maybe I´m getting senile....at the age of 17

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I love the snow, I hate the consequences of it. The plow trucks weren't out until 9pm this morning. I leave my house at 6:30, when there were still 6 inches of snow on the roads.

[ December 05, 2002, 20:42: Message edited by: Rastor ]

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I love snow! I've been so mad recently, as the snowfall where I am has been so small. Sure it snowed a few days ago, but it's all melting! Damn global warming.

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

i hate snow... its so wet and cold and ALWAYS when i go too school someone throws a snowball at me... stupid *******s...

15. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Yeah, well we got ice. Luckily, we still have power.

Artoo fire up the generators. And see if you can't get that rear stabilizer fixed.

16. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I hate snow when it is over ~2 days old on the ground. So pretty when it's white, so ugly when it's gray, mushed up slush mixing with rain or groundwater.

Oh and I also love snow when it cancels classes. :)

Last year was certainly strange; we had snow in March for one day.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

well, first things first, its now Summer here, and second, I have never seen snow.
    Sad, isn't it :(

18. Ragefest Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I can't imagine winter without snow, I live in Canada so half of a foot to a foot of snow is common in day to day storms or over night.

You guys should see what happens to the sides of the roads after the plow goes by :p you can't see over them.

Ragefest-

19. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Seattle rarely gets snow -- mostly rain, I'm afraid. But being from the east coast, I remember how wonderful it is. There's nothing like taking a walk at night down a country lane after a fresh snowfall...everything is so crisp and clean...and the "quiet" is truly magnificent. :)

20. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I've never seen snow myself, but boy, did I hear about it today! I was on the phone with hundreds of panicky people, mostly from North Carolina. Seems the trees weren't ready for the snowstorm, and a lot of tree pieces wound up punching through people's roofs...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.