1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

slaying a demon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by gingermuntz, Oct 5, 2000.

1. gingermuntz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] does anybody have any tips for slaying the demon in the planer sphere quest ?

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Haven't gotten to that point just yet. I have just completed putting the Golem back together, killed the Eye Tyrannt and saved the game. Sucks to have to be up at 6am ;(

Once I get to him, regardless of how much more I have to do, I'll post my own way of dealing with him.

Syl...

3. Razi Gems: 1/31

Those demons are tuff! Thank goodness for Autosave. Basically, I got lucky. I had my mage and druid summon creatures and kept my characters out of the area until the demon was sufficiently weak. It took around 3 tries for me. If you have any items/spells that protect against holding and confusion, use them. I only wish I had a scroll for paralyzation. Would have made it much easier. Good luck!

4. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Mind you, you dont have to kill ALL of them. Just one will suffice, quest-wize.

5. Jehovah Gems: 1/31

What! There's more then one Tanarrii?? Damn, I just killed one and wen't back to the sphere hehehe. well my trick whas to send my fighter at it and overwhelm it with spells, sorcerer are nice for the sheer quentity of spell they can cast.. with a back up mage to breach its defense, it wen't kind of quick

6. Woo-Fu Gems: 1/31

I just had my Ranger and Minsc beat the crap out of it, no magic involved. Of course, they're both dual-weapon style juggernauts of death, hehehehe.

7. nicksull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I had my bricks move close to the field of battle then sent my thief to take down any peripheral salamanders and imps I could backstab... unfortunately the demons can see invisible creatures (EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A non-detection cloak, what's the point of that cloak) Anyway, once I was spotted and my backstabbing spree was over I sent the bricks right at the demon. Killed him pretty quickly, but then I do have a Holy Avenger. (which wasn't much use vs clay golems, I might add... oops... should have put a point in a blunt weapon)

8. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A point in flail never hurts...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.