1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Slayer form...is the thing behind it true?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Praetor Munir, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

You know in the Spellhold maze, u realize you can now transform into Slayer form... question is... does changing into Slayer form do anything to u? i mean...i think irenicus or bodhi said that the more i used it the more i would be to becoming Bhaal...at least thats what my mind is implying now..

2. Big Bad Bert Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

SPOILER
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Reputation decreases by 2 with every change.

3. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] In the Slayer form you get:
    25 str. - You now have 5 attacks/round THACO of -7, and a damage of about 20-30 plus 2 cold damage, which slows the opponent. This is cumulative!
    25 dex. - This time you get -10 AC bonus plus the dex. bonus
    18 con. - It means this time that you get 100 HP(always)

You get immunity to charm, confusion, hold, level drain, maze, imprisonment.
    You get 40% of magic resistance.

This form stays stable in 5 or 6 rounds. After this period you begin to lose control, this means hit points. First you lose 2 Hp-s then this doubles in every round!

Every time you use this ability you lose 2 reputation points, this is the way you could get closer to Baal, the Lord of Murder!

The Slayer fom is great because you can buy your reputation back!

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't like to rely on it because of it's "duration clause". If you get mazed or imprisoned in slayer form, you're screwed. Even if you win the battle, when you re-appear you die. sucks ;)
    But I agree, the slayer form rocks ;)

5. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] So are you immune to Maze and Imprisonment or not?

I've only used Slayer change to test it out a bit, but since it's possible to finish without using the Slayer mode my experience with it is lacking.

6. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I used it loads. I mean once you get it you are already nearing the end of the game really so why do you need rep points. You've already got all your equipment you will need so why need to buy more. I used it against practicly all the mind flayer i found, beholders and vampires you know just to give them some reality change that the god (me) isn't going let them mess around with humans any longer. oh and the entire drow city, now that was fun but don't tell anyone else.

[This message has been edited by theholygit (edited April 25, 2001).]

7. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

but i got my rep to 20... so... its going to be impossible to repair it to 20 if i use Slayer

8. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I repeat! When using the Slayer form you are COMPLETELY IMMUNE TO ANYTHING THAT IS HOLD, STUN, MAZE OR IMPRISONMENT. There is no way that you can't change back. IT IS A GIFT! It's only prize is your reputation.

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It sure is nice to know that as the Slayer I'm immune to imprisonment. I just wish that someone had explained that to Kangaxx when I fought him. Not having the advantage of the wealth of information contained on this site, Kangaxx was merrily oblivious to the fact that the Slayer is immune to imprisonment and cast it over and over again on him. Which would have been fine, except that about the third time he did it (perhaps the fourth) it worked. Hmm. So much for my divine immunities.

Incidentally, I beat him w/o turning into Slayer. After trying a couple different tactics unsuccessfully, I shrugged and decided to just pound him unmercifully. Strangely enough, it worked. Who needs strategy anyway?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.