1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Skylanders - Go ahead and let me have it...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Munchkin Blender, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I find Skylanders to be an expensive gaming experience, but seeing my daughter’s eyes light up with each character makes it worth the money.

It all started off when my mom took my daughter out shopping and came home with Stealth Elf and Glow in the Dark Sonic Boom. My daughter didn’t even have the games and was loving the Skylander toys.

So my wife and I made some last minute changes for her birthday.

Thankfully my wife and I did not pay asking retail price for most of the items we purchased; we got most of them on sale.

At Target my wife and I purchase Skylander Spryo’s Adventure for $39.99 and Skylander Giant Portal owner for $29.99 for our daughter’s birthday. Or was it the other way around for pricing, I can’t remember. .

At BJ’s my wife and I picked up Fright Rider, Slam Bam, Zook, Tefirian, Ignitor at BJ’s for $5 each in addition to the games themselves for our daughter’s birthday. .

Through Best Buy I ordered the following…

Lightcore Prism Break, Eruptor, and Drobot for $6.99 each
    Picked up the Cannon Battle Pack for $9.99
    Also got Flame Slinger and Hex at regular retail of $9.99 each

Got $20 in Best Buy gamer member certificates that was applied to these orders

Bringing the total Best Buy Bill to $20.95

Than I also made some orders through Amazon..

Camo, Voodood, Warando, and Dino Rang - $8.99 each
    Swarm and Bouncer for $9.99

Finally my mother-in-law picked up the following characters for my daughter…
    Ninjini and the Scorpion Striker Pack

Right now my daughter has 27 total Skylanders. Other than the four series 1 and the items purchased by my mother-in-law overall we didn’t’ spend all that much considering MSRP of each Skylander.

She also has some hard to come by series 1 that we didn’t over pay for thanks to use monitoring online retailers.

We are now looking into the Adventure packs; hope to acquire them, but at their current prices we may pass. As for Swapforce, not sure if we will buy it or not. Time will tell.
    As for the game it self; it isn’t all that bad. The story is pretty good, the game play is ok and being able to change character at will is unique. Also being able to play the game with my daughter is pretty cool and the fact that she is playing an RPG style game is cool. Watching her get excited about leveling up and increasing the skylander power reminds me of how excited I was when my BG1 character reached level 2. LOL.

The only gripe I have is that the game doesn’t have a jump feature, which is needed for a game like this. Besides that, pretty cool kids game that parents can play along with their kids. Expensive as I initially stated, but worth it as your child eyes light up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.