1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Skybox Problem! Please help.

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Drake-td, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Drake-td Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, but not to the NWN series, or D&D games.

Recently, I have started playing NWN2. It's a great game, and is running fine on my PC, except for one small problem: the skybox is all messed up. It's all blue and white stripes, sometimes even worse (black stripes, etc.)

here's a screenshot:
    http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/7895/skyboxweirdow5.jpg

I have tried every graphics adjustment that can be made (both in-game and on my graphic carc/monitor) but nothing happened...

My graphic card is a GeForce 7300LE, with the latest drivers. I've read it here on SP that this card is supported by the game...

Any ideas please?

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    No clue. Sorry. Welcome to the Boards though. I was having a similar problem with the mini map colors, until I added RAM. This seemed to clear it up for me.

Are you using shadows? If so, consider turning them off - that helped a lot!!

3. Drake-td Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the reply and the welcome!

*EDITED*

Oh my god! I can't believe this. It's actually a game bug. When I try to run the game in full screen mode, the sky is always messed up. But in WINDOWED MODE, it looks brilliant!

So thanks for help so far, I was able to solve this problem at least until a patch or something gets released for it.

The only thing I have to get used to now is the changed camera movement, because it seems I cannot use the mouse to change the angles, etc. in windowed mode. But it's not a big problem, since I can always pause the game and use the keyboard shortcuts.

[ November 13, 2006, 22:12: Message edited by: Drake-td ]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Have you applied any patches yet?

5. Drake-td Gems: 1/31

I have the 1.01 patch installed, it doesn't help much though.

Windowed mode is okay, I guess...

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You shouldn't have to resort to that... do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card installed?

7. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Have you tried changing the screen resolution to something lower when in full mode?

8. Drake-td Gems: 1/31

Yes, I have the latest ForceWare drivers.

I've experimented some more today:
    - with optimal resolution, I need to run NWN2 in windowed mode
    - with 800*600 and below, I can run it in full screen mode (but the graphics are ugly...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.