1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - New Additions

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jan 21, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Cleanup Continues. To Infinity And Beyond

Heh, after a while I start forgetting what an enormous resource Sorcerer's Place is. But then again, as soon as something needs to be changed manually in all of the htmls that build the site, it all comes back with a vengeance. *grin*
    After a considerable amount of effort, the whole Icewind Dale game section and Neverwinter Nights game section have been fixed. All pages will load fast and smooth now.

A bunch of other pages have been fixed as well, namely all of the ones that can be accessed through the central link panel below the title on the front page. More will follow shortly.

Subsection Updates - Miscellaneous

There are two new books in the Fantasy Books section. The first is Legacy of the Drow, a collection of 4 Salvatore's novels about Drizzt joined into one huge tome with over 1000 pages. You can find it in the Fantasy Books - Forgotten Realms subsection. The other new literary addition is J.R.R. Tolkien: Artist & Illustrator. A very interesting book chock full of the master's own illustrations of the world he created. This one can be found in the Tolkien subsection.

Earlier this week Amazon.com opened a page where you can order the official Icewind Dale expansion, Heart of Winter. As you probably know, Amazon is our one and only sponsor so if decide to (pre)order any of the games (or books) here, you will be doing us a great favor and enabling us to bring you even more content. If you are interested, head over to the Games section and browse the selection of games available.

And for the last newsbit before heading over the the gaming subsections, there is a new FR history available at our Fantasy Worlds - Forgotten Realms subsection. It has come to my attention that the previous submitted history of Myth Drannor has come from an external source, so it was removed and replaced.
    Instead, I have collected a description of the city (and it's sister cities) and posted it along with a detailed chronological overview of the last few decades before the city fell prey to the invading Army of Darkness.

The whole thing took quite some time to make, so I hope you will enjoy reading it.

Subsection Updates - Games

Starting with the original Baldur's Gate, the link to the download site for Dark Side of the Sword coast, the unofficial expansion from TeamBG has been updated. Get it from the Baldur's Gate - TeamBG Tools subsection.

Planescape: Torment is next on the list. I have added the universal hint system file for the game to the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection, and another new editor and a trainer were added to the Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection.

The Icewind Dale - Walkthroughs & Guides subsection has also been updated. I have modified my Heart of Winter features list extensively by adding some new information regarding the expansion, removing some things that didn't make it into the expansion and adding a complete list of all new clerical, druid & mage spells available in HoW.

Baldur's Gate II section has seen a bunch of new additions as well. Another cool Planescape: Torment soundset has been added to the Baldur's Gate II - Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection. This week we present Annah, everybody's favorite tiefling.
    Two new FAQs/walkthroughs have also found their way to the Baldur's Gate II - Walkthroughs & Guides subsection.

The last two new BGII materials are an excellent items list and a reference listing all weapon styles/proficiencies and their attributes. You can find both of them in the Baldur's Gate II - Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection.

To wrap things up, I have posted the updated version of the Neverwinter Nights Frequently Asked Questions. I compared it point by point to the old one, and I can testify that it has been more or less written totally anew, so give it a read for much has changed.

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.