1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - New Additions & More

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jan 13, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Subsection Updates

A few more item codes were added to our extensive Baldur's Gate II Cheat List. I've also fixed two codes which were wrong and obsolete. Next new addition is the universal hint system file for Baldur's Gate II, which I placed in the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection. The UHS program is already included in the zip file.
    A list of Baldur's Gate II weapons, equipment and similar has been added to the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection. It also contains item codes.

And now to crown this update, a fan sent us two excellent sound sets for Baldur's Gate II. The voice packs are of Dak'kon and Vhailor, both NPCs from Planescape: Torment.
    They are of great quality and a recommended download for everyone. The author has promised us the rest of the Torment crew too, and I hope we get our hands of them soon. Meanwhile, get these first two from our Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection.

Friendly Arm Inn (Chatroom) Changes

As some of you might have noticed the old chatroom client wasn't very stable, and now it has gone offline completely. I've set up an alternative which functions in the same way as the old one, with a few exceptions.
    I can't get rid of the picture it displays above the topic, nor can I remove the scrolling line which now displays news, stock quotes and such. Hehe, well it's totally useless really, but it'll have to do until the old one gets back online. If ever.

Besides the fact that this new client loads significantly faster (one good thing about it) it supports avatar icons and small images, so I'm sure it will prove to be amusing to all the regulars.

For all of you who don't know yet, you can access the Friendly Arm Inn here. Semi-official chat hours are around 8-12pm GMT, when most of the regulars come by and (of course) I try to attend as often as possible too.

Site Ads Odyssey

This has been going on for a while and I must apologize to all who weren't able to access some of our pages, but know that I'm FULLY (oh yes!) aware of this problem. Thanks to everybody who mailed me about this and expressed their frustration in so many imaginative ways that I never thought was possible. Thank God the flames were down to the minimum, at least.

As I explained on the front page before, some pages might not load for some people at times, displaying only a black screen. Now, most people will only notice this as a slight delay in the loading time of the page, while the page will still show correctly (minus the ads), but for some people nothing will show at all.
    The ads running on the site that are causing all this havoc come from our gracious host which would do well to update their ad servers and fix the bloody scripts which have this amazing tendency to show as broken 3/4 of the times the site loads.

I have noticed a slight improvement regarding all this fiasco, with some better ads coming up and even some fantasy-related stuff showing, which is definitely a good thing. However, it still happens (too often to my liking) that the ad area only shows as blank or that you have to reload the page simply because the ad script fails to load correctly.

Therefor I started removing the offending ads from some of the most frequently visited sections on the site (namely the Games section). There is also a significant improvement on load times there, as you will notice. Currently the whole original Baldur's Gate section and some parts of the Baldur's Gate II section have already been cleaned up. I'm also updating and fixing some long-unnoticed errors in html there, so it might take me a while to get them all fixed, but rest assured that I'm working on it as fast as I can.

The old ads are being replaced with my own, which I know load fast & correctly. You will notice that most of them are for Amazon, which is the only actual sponsor that pays us anything, provided you order something from them by clicking on their banners on the site, of course.

So if you would like to support us and enable us to bring you even more cool stuff regularly, please order stuff from Amazon through any of the links on pages here. We also have a Fantasy Books section (also available from the main site menu buttons above) where you can order Amazon's books (or anything else) directly, since the links I've set up will take you right to the page about the book/manual etc. you are interested in.

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.