1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sim type games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Elios, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] Has anyone played-
    The Sims
    Zoo Tycoon
    SimCity?
    I love these type games.
    Anyone have any opinions?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have played SimCity but I didn't really like it that much.

I have got the Sims and I love it! I have got all the expansions apart from 'On Holiday' which I borrowed from a friend I can't install Unleashed though for lack of memory - altogather the sims takes more than 3GB! So I can't fit it on - I use everything I have :wail:

So I play that at my friends ;)

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yes,i've played them, and i liked them too. Have you seen screenshots from the new Sim city ? It's 3D this time, it looks great.

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have The Sims, and my sister has Hot Date, Unleashed, and Living Large. It is awesome! The best sim I've ever played!

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Sim City (the original) was just awesome. If I could find a working copy of it for today's machines, I'd play it again.

I messed around with SC2000. Didn't really like it. It had just become too complex.

The Sims is kind of fun. I messed around with it for a while. More than anything else, I liked to build the houses. I'd put down pillars all on the ground, build the entire second story, and delete all the pillars. I had HUGE anti-grav houses, too. And really massive pools.

Haven't really played any of the other sims. I I've messed around quite a bit with Railroad Tycoon 2, and I loved it. It got really complex, though. Micromanagement was terrible.

6. Elios Gems: 17/31

I usually got as far as building the houses. After that I would always get these new ideas for a home and would start all over.
    Here is a fun thing to do. Always buy your Sim a rocket and set it up in the house. Then launch it! Starts the whole place on fire.
    Hey how about that annoying clown? Any body get a visit from him yet? Don't call the clown removal people right away, let him stay, its pretty funny.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Anybody in to City building sims in the old days ? I've played Caesar 2 and 3, pharaoh and the Cleopatra expansion, Zeus and the Poseidon expansion and right now i'm playing Emperor, rise of the middle kingdom. Those are pretty cool games too.

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I got Caesar 3 a few years back, it was nice until the city became to large and uncontrollable, I always love to start a city but after a while it becomes boring and I quit. That I think is the biggest problem of this type of game.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There are a lot of other sims:
    SimTower
    SimFarm
    SimTown
    SimEarth
    SimSafari
    SimCopter
    and some more

Didn't play any of them but I sell them quite often.

I loved Caesar 3 btw.

10. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

never got into the sims coz i didnt have a good pc back when it first came out.

Used to make my people stay awake so that they'd pass out, and stop them from getting to the toilet so they do it on the floor. I remember in the middle of the night some ghosts came in the house. That was funny.

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I played the original SimCity and recently got 3000. It is fun. I have Zoo Tycoon, but have not played it yet.

12. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I have lots of those games....
    different parks, the sims with expansion and the old ones sim farm, sim tower aso.
    and two sim cities...
    bleh
    they are very fun in the beginning but after a month you never wanna see it again. Then a year pass and you play a copy of it.

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Apeman, you're right about that, when your city grows to 20.000 people it's hard to keep everyone happy, but in the campaigns a city that big is hardly ever required. I guess you're talking about the random maps ?

14. Elios Gems: 17/31

Mr. Funk, I'd seriously recommend Zoo Tycoon. Especially if you can get ahold of the two expansion packs. Play it first with what is included in the game, then go to the games website and you can download more animals, buildings and stuff. You can also rename your zoo visitors to get various cool effects. You name one visitor a certain name and it makes everyone start puking all over your zoo!

15. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've played SimCity 2000, but I don't understand how to keep expanding your population after you've filled up the entire map space.

Played Caesar 2 as well, and it was rather disappointing. I thought it would require more city management (which was so interesting in SC2000). But once you figure out how to fund an army, which could be done with a shantytown, the rest is elementary.

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Pac man you're right that was on random maps, the problem I encountered with the campaign was that the moment I had to make soldiers. Never got them on time and after a while I just quitted.

I also played sim2000 on the snes, that was a fun game, completed every scenario (the real cities with problems) but never got to a city with 500000 citizins on the map without water. Anyone ever completed that one?

17. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Blog, you can get several million through the use of arco's, but when they fill up most of the space, you can't expand further. Of course the population can drop rather quickly then.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.