1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Silverite Mine (Awakening) and Gear Problems

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Loreseeker, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] During The Righteous Path quest (Wending Wood) at one point (upon entering the Silverite Mine) party temporarily loses gear due to plot.
    (I *really* hate it when that happens.)

The gear is shortly returned, but having some items equipped might break this, apparently.

Gear can be looted back from the bodies of 4 Experimental Subjects that appear on the level (one for each party member). For the char wearing some items, no Experimental Subject spawned for me).

It might be best to leave the (equipped) stuff you are not willing to lose (mod or otherwise) back in a chest at Vigil and reclaim it later - or make a suitable save prior the Silverite Mine and be willing to backtrack a bit if things get broken.

A character of mine wearing Ivory Tower Arcane Warrior set (imported from Origins) lost all items from it (except the gloves) and Duncan's sword this way. :(
    Verdana jewelry set, Duncan's dagger (in inventory) and items gained in Awakening stayed equipped.

Not sure if this was a one time problem, or a rule, but figured it might be best to post the warning.

EDIT: Corrected the inaccurate stuff above - Thank you, all.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    Ziad likes this.
  2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That is bad news indeed. Thanks for letting us know Lore.

The thing that I don't get is that you kept the gloves form the Ivory Tower mod. It might just be a bug.

Anyway I'm not there yet (I'm still playing DAO) but I'll be cautious when I'll export my character and play Awakening with mod items. It may be a while before I get there but I'll post if I get that bug or if I find another way around it. I hate when that happens.

3. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    I have to say that it can't be the Ivory Tower mod. Others have had this issue on other forums that I've read up on. Some state that it has to do with having the Key of the City ring from Orzammar. Granted, when I did my 1st runthrough in Awakening, the Ivory Tower set was on Anders, but I had no issues in the Silverite mine with any of my modded equipment. Then again, I also try to do a game save right before going in. What I have heard with excessive regularity is that, if you wake up naked instead of in tattered clothing, that's how you know that you won't end up with your set of equipment at the end.

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Here's a quote from the Dragon Age wiki:

I think it might be this bug that you're referring to, in which case it has nothing to do with Tower of Ivory. Ran into that one myself (and the only save I had that wasn't in the actual mines were like way back :p).

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Certainly sounds like it...
    Glad it's not the Ivory Tower, I love that set.

Thanks everyone.

I got confused with just the gloves being there and jumped to the conclusion of the game not liking the set.
    Now I feel a bit like an idiot. Sorry for the false alarm.

(olimikrig: Yeah, I've given up on backtracking and just played on without the gear...)

I've edited the thread title and some blatantly inaccurate assumptions in the first post.

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    The Ivory Tower set is just great. :)

Anyway, thanks Lore for bringing that up. I guess that if we use any mod items it's better to be careful with the saves at that point in the game.

7. CelticDream

Media:
    Lore - don't feel like an idiot! How would you have known? People on other boards (such as bioware's forum) have named the causes of this bug to be anything from a ring that you get in the game (not a modded item) to modded items. From what it looks like, it's just a random bug that isn't caused by any certain set of equipment and that the best thing to do is just do a game save before entering the mines and hope like hell that the bug doesn't happen.

I actually had it happen to me last night when I was trying out an Orlesian warden - no modded items on her to carry through from DAO - and on top of that the Blackblade Tunic, (I think that's the name - am at work so can't look it up) which you can pick up from the chest almost immediately after capture, completely made her torso become invisible. Fun, eh? :)

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Since there is already a discussion about a bug in Awakening I thought I would hijack this thread to discuss a bug I noticed in Awakening.

The manual that allows you to modify/reallocate your talents/spells, etc... is not working on the PS3. I really wish that game would allow me to use that manual.

9. CelticDream

Media:
    That is really weird. Usually when you use it, you get that game visual that pops up when you level up, you get all nekkid, and then you can reallocate and then re-equip your PC. I think there's an area on the Bioware Social technical forums where you can report a bug so you might want to take a look at that and see if anyone else has had the same issue.

10. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Damn, console user are really getting screwed over with this game.

11. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Do you see why most console users are in an uproar about the lack of support and lack of actually removing the game bugs.

I updated my PS3s to 3.3 update. I should have read the forums on DAO prior to doing that. Now DAO freezes constantly. I get maybe 45 minutes of gaming, if I'm lucky.

No other game performs or behaves in this manor. Only DAO. Apparently many PS3 players are upset and would like Bioware to get their fingers out of there butt and fix this issue; they are also hoping other issues are fixed as well.

As for me; I wouldn't mind Bioware patching both the PS3 and XBox DAO games to the level of patch that the PC has. It would make the game 10x better and I would stop ripping Bioware for their lack of console support. In fact I would become a supporter.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.