1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shura!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Satiana Fearbringer, Apr 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It is not normally my nature to say or do something such as this. But, I have just about had it!

Shura--you are a nasty, perveted, discusting being who chooses to try and make everyone else miserable, just because your unhappy about life. Well, ya know what. Waaaaa! So life is tuff! That is not news to anyone around here. I bet there are some people on this board who could tell you some horror stories about how their life has been so far, I know I could. But, at least I am not crying about it, and trying to bring others down. Grow up a little will ya!

Guess what! To most of us your just full of hot hair and most people try to ignore you. It is kind of hard when all you do is post dispicable messages on these boards like you have nothing better to do with your life.

Some people have reached out and even tried to be a friend, tried to laugh you off, and some I am sure laugh with you.

The only reason you do these things is to get and keep peoples attention!

Unfortunetly, it is working. I think that it would be kind to you and the rest of the board, if people got in the habbit of only paying attention to you when your posts are at least respectable and decent, then you might stop pulling such bull---t!

I think that all of you who choose to support him do so by answering these dispicable posts. You are only giving him a reason to continue on in his ranting.

That is my peace! I have wanted to say that for along time!

I am completely offended that the other respectable people on this board would allow Shura to on with his escapades.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] ...wow... that's some...pretty...intense shit
    :eek:

3. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] It's not going to continue.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Guess THIS is what they mean by the expression: "Dragon at the gate..." :eek:

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Right
    I apologize to all for my ranting.
    I'm ashamed myself.
    So it will not happen again.
    I'll not reprise any flames because I'm deserving of them.
    Let me clarify this though, I did not do those topics to spam nor to get attention.
    I was just really pissed off that day and I really don't have anyone to talk to in real life. Yes, I'm a lonely loser who can only talk to a computer screen. So sorry again, and I'll never rant anymore.

[This message has been edited by Shura (edited April 18, 2001).]

6. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] And while I'm at it!

Those of you who have a tendency to carry on endless conversations of oneline posts may want to consider using the Chatroom. This is a message board people, not ICQ.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/chat.php

[Thank-you Darien, these spammers are giving me a headache today! - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 18, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  7. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I should just keep my nose out of it, but I'll try to keep it short.

For some people these boards may have become an extension of their real lives. Diversity abounds, cultural and spiritual lines are crossed, not to mention age groups. Most people here have some level of intelligence, and return to these boards to discuss issues with friends and fellow role players. I think some of the veterans, especially Shura, should know his own bounds and act accordingly. To say he's out of line is probably a true statement, but in a sense, that is how he protrays himself.

I think if anything, this post may act as a message to the many new posters who are gracing these boards as to what will be tolerated here and what will not.

Post wisely.

8. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

As I stated, I am not usually so harsh.

But, I have been a member of these boards for at least 5 or 6 months now. I like these boards a lot.

Darien---I have heard people talk about mutilating peoples private parts, and killing people. And some other, not so nice things. All of it has been allowed on these boards. However, I speak up against it, and you want to cut me down to size right away, eh?

I have had a feeling that you have something against me. Not sure, what. But, lets just say I get negative vibes from you. You want to hack and slash at somebody? Why don't you try some of those people who have actually been doing some really wrong things?

All I did was stand up and say I was tired of hearing those kinds of things and that I was honestly more than offended. Shura is the biggest offender. You may loose some good people if things such as this are allowed to continue. I know there are a lot of people who don't visit much anymore, because they to were offended.

9. Shura Gems: 25/31

This is addressed to Satiana.
    Right. I'm done.
    Whether you accept my apology or not, I'm done.
    Fine, continue your flames against me.

10. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Apology is accepted. Shura.

Life is hard enough, ya know, without having to be reminded everyday how bad it can suck.
    Everytime I come on these boards and see a posting like the one you did about who should die. It is depressing, and it makes me sick to my stomach. We play these types of games in order loose ourselves in the fantasy world, and take our agressions out, in manners we abviously would not in real life.

Up until this post, I have never spamed, and I only bring up topics, or answer topics, that I find inlightening and useful. I like to hear other peoples opinions. I can only take so much of certain things.

Once again, apology accepted if you truly mean what you said.

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Satiana - Please do speak up if you are offended by posts here. I personally am an EXTREMELY tolerant person, and such talk doesn't bother me since I believe it's just talk. I agree that too much of it can get on the nerves, but the venting from Shura is usually sparse, and the rest is usually said in jest, so it doesn't bother me. But if anything bothers you (or any of the rest of you for that matter) by all means speak up, and we'll moderate the exchange if necessary.

I don't know if Darien's post was directed at you, so I'll let her speak to that...

12. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Satiana, my post was not directed in any negative way against you. I appreciated your sentiments and agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm sorry if I seemed short with you, but it was not meant for you. When I read your post, I was already in the midst of dealing with the situation, as best I can.

I have been a moderator for all of about 2 weeks, if that. I've tried not to involve myself over much in people's posts, since most offenses are mild and can be handled with a simple verbal warning.

The latest rash of posts from Shura was over the line, and yes it has been dealt with. If you want to someone to delete every single mention of mutliation in every one of Shura's posts, then try asking him. I've got other things to do.

And Shura. Satiana is 100% Correct. Each time you have a bad day, you come here and rant with disgusting and inappropriate topics. Apologizing the next day does NOT help. You have been warned ENOUGH times to Cease that crap, I suggest you PAY ATTENTION! You can be banned as easily as anyone else.

Now I'm not trying to be a bitch to anyone, but Honestly, this is Foolishness. Satiana, again, I apologize for anything you might have taken as offensive, but I've never had issue with anything you've said. I've been hacking and slashing at this shit for over an hour now, and none of it is directed at you.

I apologize as well to any others who have been offended of late, and I will make particular effort to keep closer track of these boards. I didn't realize this lot needed quite so much babysitting and I will pay more attention.

To the rest of you! Take warning! Offensive and vulgar posts ARE NOT TOLERATED. Smarten up!

13. Shura Gems: 25/31

So is this board going to be as uptight and close-minded as a few others I know where you can't spell the word 'gay', 'shit' and 'crap'?
    I know I was acting childishly Darien, but like BTA said, most of it was said in jest.

Despite me being in the wrong here, I cannot help but feel resentment at your statement.

So you're gonna ban me? If I'm not even accepted at a virtual community, fine. I have nothing to say. Do so.

14. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

Darien---next time you might want to tell who's ever posts you jump in the middle of, whom you are speaking too and give some kind of an explanation as to why.

It was my first time ever speaking out against someone on this board, and I felt like you wanted to give me more than just a slap on the wrist.

I don't even pretend that moderating a board such as this is an easy thing. I imagine that you are stressed. I know how hard it is keeping up with my own website and it is nothing like this.

Blackthorne---I am prior military. I have heard many things that would make a sailor blush and a whore think twice. Pardon, but it is true. However, I must say, that Shura took the icing on the cake with the mutilation statements. I am usually very tolerant myself. :D I do have my limits though, and Shura passed those limits with me. He has been going on like this for at least two months, and seemed to be only getting worse.

15. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Shura, as BTA said, most of the time you have been shrugged aside as joking. While I never agreed with that, it was not my place to say anything, since these are not my boards. You know damn well that you go over the line, and you admit it yourself, or you wouldn't have apologized to Satiana.

Now I dont' give a shit if you say damn, crap, gay or whatever else! That's not the issue here. Your graphic violence IS. Now, I don't have the power to ban you, nor am I even recommending that Tal do that. I simply want you to realize that it will no longer be tolerated. There's a difference between being crude and being outright disgusting and perverted. If you think that's uptight then that's your problem. I couldn't care less.

Satiana- I honestly don't know how you could have thought I was directing that at you anyway. It was a direct response to your statement:
    "I am completely offended that the other respectable people on this board would allow Shura to on with his escapades."

I simply responded that "It's not going to continue."

Sorry, you didn't take it that way.

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited April 18, 2001).]

16. Shura Gems: 25/31

Fine then. I'll stop with the graphic violence among other things.

17. herf Guest

i feel i should side with shura, he is just making a few jokes, different people enjoy defferent jokes, if you dont like his jokes then dont read them, just because som people dont like them doesnt mean that other people don like them.

satiana- when you made the first post, shura said sorry, then you went ahead and made another post putting him down a SECOND time, again shura apologised and said he wouldnt do it again, then you went ahead and doen another fucking post putting him down YET AGAIN, i hink that shura isnt the only one who needs to rethink his actions and words.

i think we can all learn form this topic.

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would disagree herf... All of Satiana's posts after the first were just explaining where she was coming from, not direct put downs of Shura.

As to different jokes for different folks, everyone should try to keep others in mind when they make potentially offensive jokes on a public board. Satiana has voiced her objections to Shura, and hopefully he will take that into consideration in his future posts.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 18, 2001).]

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I see both sides of the argument and may decide not to comment ony more...

But take note: Without a degree of right to be allowed to put one wishes, strains the relationship between one and the person putting down the ban. This will not affect the individual but instead the whole group which will therefore become a problem.

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ok, this has gone on long enough. Everyone has said everything that needs to be said. Everyone has expressed their opinions, grievances, insults, the works. There were even some apologies between the posts.

Now, does anyone have anything NEW to add to this, something we haven't heard before? If not, each of you can make a final statement and we can lock this thing and leave it for the archives. I would also appreciate it if such things were brought directly to the attention of moderators via e-mail and NOT posted here. You have all seen that it only turns into a bloody mess. Over the time these boards have been online, I've received about a dozen complaints such as this and they've been all solved positively. Even when Shura's posts were discussed for the first time, he did get better for a while. But I guess that with time I grew so used to him that I don't even notice it anymore, even though it annoyed me immensely at the beginning, so Satiana - don't think I don't know where you're coming from.

But as I said, our e-mails are listed on each topic page. Use them to remind us of things like this. We're always on it, but you develop thick skin over a period of time, and grow used to some stuff that at first annoys you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.