1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shaengarne Bridge

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by ezzora, Aug 4, 2005.

1. ezzora Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I got some problems after playing this map:
    I am not able to talk to Shawford Crale(I get the talk icon, but when I click him he doesn't say a word, and no dialog screen apears)
    when I try to talk to lord Ulbrec, I can't tell him that the bridge has been cleared of enemy's.
    things that I could have done wrong:
    killed Xuki before killing ogres(the bridge is now destroyed)
    charmed highland snake(the one at the bridge and the one at the ford) and the charm spell stays active(I charmed one of those big cats and the spell expired shortly after, but the snakes stay charmed)
    I can't really go back to a previous save game as my previous save game is quite far back

2. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

OK, killing Xuki 1st is no problem, I have finished game 2X each(killing her 1st or not). So this is not the problem.
    Charming the monsters might be. You need to kill all the monsters on the screen, then you get XP for clearing the map. Check your journal, you should she a note saying you defeated all the enemies, but in your case, you couldn't save the bridge. if not go back to the map and hunt down that snake!
    You should have an autosave before you reach this map, it is one of the toughest fights in the game. Check the autosaves for a place to go back. Also, from here forward, save at the end of each map. There are several spots where you change maps and are immediately jumped before you can prebull or summon help.

3. Shayleigh Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Once I let the bridge be destroyed because she said she could arrange a meeting with the Leigion for me. I don't remember the actual sequence of dialouge up to there, but if you say from there

1) "And do you have it within your power to arrange such a meeting?"

then the bridge will be destroyed because you hesitated in the effort to destroy it (you'll get a message saying this at the bottom of the screen.) Just thought I would mention this.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I think General Ghoul might be right. I've never had this problem but I have also never charmed a snake. I have failed to save the bridge plenty of times but I still got to go back to town and tell them of my failure.

5. ezzora Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

it worked out, I got rid of the snake and after that everything worked

6. MrNexx Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

FWIW, I don't find the Shaengarne fight to be all that hard... I run to Xuki, have someone keep her busy, and have everyone else go after the Ogres.

7. AzathothXy Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I just kill everyone up to the Ogres, including Xuxi. Then finish off the ogres,
    I like when your evil, that if you kill the villagers from Torak's section, they are there at the bridge as undead. Then with an evil cleric, you then take control of the undead. Makes the fight real easy.

8. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Heck, that's just one of many reasons I like the Dreadmaster of Bane so much. In my last game I had a Dreadmaster of Bane as well as a fighter who dual-classed to Morninglord of Lathander. (Imagine the roleplaying convolutions needed to get them into the same party.) They absolutely blasted their way through the Kuldahar Valley: the Dreadmaster cowed and dominated half the undead and the Morninglord wrapped the survivors in fire.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.