1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shaengarene Bridge

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Lazy Bonzo, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Not sure about the spelling but you should know what i mean. In my game the bridge got destroyed and then i was told to go to goblin fortress.

What i want to know is what happens if you don't let the bridge get destroyed? Do you still go to the goblin fortress? Is it worth me reloading and trying again to stop the bridge getting destroyed?

I want to know whether or not i should just continue or reload and try the bridge again. So what is the difference? Any real, major game-differences?

BTW great game :)

2. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm not completly sure...
    Once the bridge got destroyed in a game, but then I reloaded. But if you save the bridge, you will also come to the fortress. The game wants you to go there just to meet Guthma (the leader) I guess. I think you get some quest experience, about 3000 or so...
    But you can just go on, no problems

good luck

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You mean you can *save* the bridge :jawdrop: :whoa: I sorta thought you could but I dismissed the idea once I couldn't be bothered to think it any more.

:hmm: So you mean I did the extra bits for *nothing*

What extra bits? I actually can't remember :lol:

So the bridge is actually not important in the game?

4. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Guess not :D
    If Lazy Bonzo had the bridge destroyed and still got to the fortress...

I keep it in mind for my next time through hehe

5. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually saving the bridge is not essential. It is enough to clear the bridge of the enemy forces, and the game progresses to the Fortress regardless.

There is however an incentive to save both support beams, since your party gets more XP for it.

**** Shameless Self-Promotion ****
    Dave Milward's walkthrough describes a successful approach for saving both support beams, and collecting the XP rewards.

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ah thanks for the quick replies. I don't realy mind about the XP since i had a lot of fun on the battle the way i did it - having my kick-ass sorcerer use his bow (with rapid-shot) to kill many archers and blasting bug-bears with magic while my fighters waded in to the were-creatures (who would ever have thought a badger would be so damage resistant?) and those on the bridge. It was a great battle and the use of flaming fire jars worked wonderfully hehe!

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I didnt manage to save the bridge on normal mode but I was able on HoF mode. I am proud. :D

8. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

HoF mode bridge is easier to save because they have ridiculas high hp. Don't you feel that HoF barrels are very hard to destroy? Also, before you reach the bridge and was destroying the support beams of the dam, don't you feel that it took a long time for you to 'kill' the beams?

i am not writing this to offend you or anything, i am just stating the fact.

9. Mephisto Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i saved the bridge both times
    but HoF is harder. even though u have better spels, it aint that easy...

10. popbuggy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Undead rules supreme in HoF...
    I played HoF a lot and came back to normal mode; then i found out that Normal mode is actually hard :eek:

[ January 10, 2003, 00:12: Message edited by: popbuggy ]

11. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I saved the bridge easily two times, both normal(non-HoF) difficulty. However, I don't know what will be like...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.