1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Scimitars

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by The_Dude_420, Apr 6, 2004.

1. The_Dude_420 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok i have my main character equiped with the scimitars +2 and +3 i just wanted to know if there were any better ones then that i could get and if so where would i find them. Thanks. Peace.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    AFAIK, there are no +4 or +5 scimitars available in SoA unless you have the item upgrade mod, but there are in ToB. Can't tell you more than that without the message getting it snipped out by a moderator or admin, so if you want to know more, get ToB.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well there is a +5 scimitar on Drizzt, but you can't keep it for long. Unless you CLUA it into your inventory, that is ;)

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    There's also a mod that let's you keep Drizzit's equipment if you kill him or if he dies while helping you.

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Is there not a scimitar called Something the Bleeder? I think that is in SOA, and it works well to disrupt enemy spellcasting if you land a hit.

I could be wrong of course. I have been once or twice.

6. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hmmm... do you mean Djor (Djhor??) the Bleeder?
    Its not a scimitar. If I am not wrong its a bastardsword. :)

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    indeed, jhor the bleeder. Not sure where you pick it up from though. Maybe trademeet?

[ One of the sidequests in the Underdark. The globe where souls are trapped, iirc. ] - Beren

[ April 07, 2004, 00:00: Message edited by: Beren ]

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jhor the Bleeder is indeed a bastard sword, not a scimitar; it was my favorite weapon.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, there are "plain" +2 scimitars, and then there is my favorite, Belm +2, which gives an extra attack. You get it from the Druid Grove.

10. The_Dude_420 Gems: 1/31

Ok if you mean you get it from taking over the druid grove (which you have to be level 14 i think) i have a problem and if someone could answer it for me twould be a great help. My druid is also a fighter and her cap came up before she got to that level in druid. I know there is stuff you can download to get the exp cap taken out but is there something that just does that and not anything else or do i have to download a big thing just to get that? If there is no other way whats the coolest thing i should download to do that with? Peace.

11. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well, Wakjashis(spelled wrong) count as schimitars as far as proficiencies are concerned, and Joluv from Icewind Dale has a pretty sweet one. He's at the copper coronet. Unfortunately, I think it may only be usable by monks, but I think it's worth a try, it has pretty good abilities.

12. Benan Gems: 20/31

Belm isn't given to you in the Druid Gorve, you find it in the Ogres Tower.

[ Deleted reference to something that requires installation of ToB ] - Beren

[ April 07, 2004, 20:07: Message edited by: Beren ]

13. Thayvian Bastard Gems: 1/31

The best scimitar in SoA for hitting reason is Water's Edge, which if I remember is in Sahaugin City and can be purchased from the Priestess.

14. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I thought you got Water's Edge from one of the fights in the Drow city. Or is that another weapon I'm thinking of?

15. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I believe you find Water's Edge (a plain +3 scimitar) in the House Jae'llat in Ust Natha.

16. The_Dude_420 Gems: 1/31

I already got the +3 scimitar unless there is more then that i didnt know about... i am going to look at the sauhagin city and the ogre tower but could someone please tell me where the tower is so i can try? Thanks. Peace.

17. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I'm not sure if it's listed as "Ogre Tower" on the map or not, but it's on the eastern edge of the Druid Grove area, by Ihtafeer (the rakshasa the djini asks you to hunt). On the bridge that leads to Ihtafeer's hut, there a set of stairs on the right hand side that leads down into the area you need to be at. Follow that east a little ways and the tower is right there - you can't miss it.

18. Thayvian Bastard Gems: 1/31

It's been awhile since I played BG2, if it wasn't Water's Edge I know there's some scimitar you can buy with the nasty little Sahaugins. I really need to go back and play it.

19. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I deleted Benanthalin's snippet before realizing that the original poster has ToB installed. Moving ...

20. Benan Gems: 20/31

I know that you can find Waters Edge in Watchers Keep because it's the blade the Eyrines carry. But I remember finding it in SoA I just can't remember were. I think it was either in the Saughin city or the drow city though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.