1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by bonaparte, Apr 24, 2001.

1. bonaparte Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In the final fight ,i kill Sarevok and is two mage,but my main character die in the same time .So i wan to know if Sarevok and is good friends got some good weapons on them? (i try to kill them after like 10 times ,but never succed).

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] They probably do, but you wont get them anyways. When you kill Sarevok, the game's over. And think about it, if Sarevok is the game's final boss, and you kill him and take his stuff, who're you gonna use it on, since you've already beaten the main man? :D

3. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Maybe he wears this Helm of Opposite Alignment and is in reality your nice brother. :D
    So it is better that the game ends immediately. Imagine you pick up the helmet and the game will end similar to Diablo. ;)

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Sarevok had real good armor and low thaco and much damage. Use all spell protections you have and all potions and try to have something else to take the slashes of sarevok's blade (monster summoning)

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hehe Bogi :D Yeah, Diablo had a crappy ending, with the Shard and all. Diablo2 is the best ending I've seen so far...
    "Forgive me Tyrael..."
    <Bhaal says something; we see his face>
    "No. No. Noooo!"

6. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] In the last battle I was so tired of BG1/TOSC, I used cheese tactics. I had summoned so many monsters and undead, none of the bad guys could even move! The entire screen was full of skeletons and goblins and so on, all hasted and going for Saverok. It was over quickly and I was relieved, on to IWD/HOW/BG2.

7. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

WARNING: Spoilers ahead...

I guess I resorted to cheese tatics too. It took me at least 15 tries before I was able to win. Now I feel I can win everytime with my method.

Here's my cheese method:
    The big cheese move starts the battle. With my party at the back of the room, I sent Imoen shadowed to the front until she sees Sarevok. This starts his conversation to begin the battle, but he doesn't attack because he hasn't seen any enemies yet. However, as soon as the conversation with Sarevok is done, one mage teleports to the back of the room. Here he meets my party armed to the teeth with magic arrows/bullets and a disspell magic spell. Bye, bye.

Next, I send my main character with a ring of free action up the far right hand side of the room until he gets attacked by Tazok. The web trap triggers at that moment (which is countered by my ring), followed by the stinking cloud trap, but my character is already back with my party and out of range by that time. Tazok uncloaks and attacks my party- again it's 1 vs. 6. Bye, bye.

Finally, my whole party moves up the left hand side of the room until we see the last mage (w/ the exploding arrows :(). Another disspell magic and a round of arrows/bullets finishes him off where he stands. This last attack usually also alerts Sarevok, so quickly my party moves to the back again (where it's relatively trap free) with Sarevok on our trail.

Now it's just a matter of playing keep away from Sarevok. Have the NPC that Sarevok is attacking run around like mad, (hopefully) avoiding Sarevok, while the rest of the party hits him with their best magic bullets/arrows. If he turns his attention to someone else in the party, quickly switch it so they're the ones running while the rest are shooting. Eventually, Sarevok falls and you've won without loosing any party members.

I felt bad using these tactics but a full frontal assult (even with summoned monsters) was too much for my party what with the web, stinking cloud and exploding arrows as the first wave of assult; followed by dire charms, bad luck, and the melee attacks of Tazok and Sarevok. I was lucky to last 30 seconds.

BTW, the 1st mage had only a magic robe and some gold, and Tazok had nothing much on him, some gold and some non-magical armor/weapons. I never found out what the last mage had on him.

8. Dudette Gems: 8/31

u get sarevok's sword at the beginning of bg2. its pretty darn good

9. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I tried taking on Sarevok toe to toe several times before realizing my futile efforts...my party got hammered every time. So I tried this ploy:

I sent my thief down the left side of the temple, clearing out traps. I didn't have her go as far as exposing the stage area, then I brought the thief back to the party waiting at the entrance. I then sent my mage (wearing the boots of speed)down the left side to the point that the fog of war was lifted just enough to uncover part of the stage where Sarevok and his cronies are talking. The mage targeted this open area with a web spell then ran back to the party at the entrance. For whatever reason, Tazok, Angelo, and whomever got hung up by this spell because they never came out. One of Sarevok's mages will teleport directly in front of the party and will die fairly easily if everyone hits him with magic arrows and bullets. Sarevok will come out and approach the party as well (web definitely has no effect on him). Have the mage use the Wand of Monster Summoning and target the area in front of Sarevok. He will shift his attention to them (go figure...they can't hurt him). When the summoned monsters dwindle down, summon more. In the meantime, everyone else in the party targets Sarevok with magic arrows (buy as many arrows of piercing and acid arrows and cold arrows as you can get your hands on). He dies a very ignominious death for such a "Bad Ass".

I tried this 5 times in a row and it worked every time.

However, for some reason, the same tactic didn't work from the right side of the temple.

On one of my Sarevok killings, I did send my main character in to melee with Sarevok when he was getting low on hit points and put the "Coup de Grace" to him...just so my brother knew who his slayer was...ahahahahaha!!!

[This message has been edited by Havok (edited April 28, 2001).]

10. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

That mage with the bow had a pretty nifty magic bow. Either that, or it was a short bow +1, can't remember too well... And some arrows of detonation.

11. Dragonsnake Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I actually succeeded from the first try - probably by mistake. When Imoen started to run around for trap disarming, Sarevok started to speak, I was so freaked that made my cleric to hit him with ( what was the name for the yelow rod like scorpion?) . After 2 hits he died - can U imagine! Had to reload to see what other could happen.

12. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Sounds like the Wand of The Heavens (Flame Strike spell), but I thought he was immune to spells, fire, etc. Magic weapons seemed to be the only thing that would hurt him.

13. Avooch Dar Guest

[​IMG] Sarevock can join your party in TOB so maybe we get to see what he has on him then!?

14. Dragonsnake Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

[​IMG] Avooch Dar, U made my day! Didn't know that Sarevok can join party. Will be interesting.
    Yes, it was the Wand of Heaven. And it works. Actually tried it few times after the firts. Probably 'cause didn't know it was supposed to not work.

15. Avooch Dar Guest

i am not sure if it is the same guy but look in the description of TOB and you will see that he is the new NPC that can join you

16. Dudette Gems: 8/31

i thought that it was going to be a wild mage that would join u

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Nope, it's Sarevok. And that's official.

18. Tomazin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Where did you get this information from Avooch Dar I'd like to check it out

19. Avooch Dar Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  20. Tomazin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks man

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.