1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Merlanni, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well I have played the game, but not that far, and feel to inform others about it. It is better than games like Silverfall and Titan quest which score under 80. I Rate this game higher but not close to 90, say 85 tops. The game looks pretty much finished, no broken quests, bugs, so far.

Gameplay: smooth, nice view, fair camerawork better than nwn2 motb. Zoomable, almost to 3rd person. Nice world, good things like caves, heights and water. Buildings enterable, some persons inside.

Clickfest: Not as severe as Sacred1 of the others. Still a lot of enemies but no trainloads but busses. Keep the button pressed for repeating action. AWDS for character movement.

Interface: Good put a lot of effort in. Makes sense. large many menu's. Lots of small buttons on screen and shortkeyed. the important ones around the awsd. Autopickup at q, inventory at f.

leveling: Skilltree type. Large but not D&D huge. Some stats rise put still enough to tweak your chartacter.

Graphics: good, very good. Playable on low and high end machines. So yes this can be played on fair laptops whit a GPU.

Itemfever: Yes, oh yes. Again no truckloads but cartloads. Even the rats. Must be the financial crisis.

Crafting: yes, weapons and armor have slots. Blacksmiths and runemaster so far.

Multiplayer, I read from the box: instant drop in drop out Cooperative gameplay, PVP and PVE modes up to 16 players on LAN and internet.

Instalation/Activation: Up to two computers at the same time. No simultaneous use.

Securom: Yes, no problems so far.

Forum: Good, no huge amount of complaints like Bioshock. still a few things whit the patches. Bulletin board btw. http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124

The system requirements on the box say:

Minimal: 2,4 single core, 1 gig mem, 20 GB free on hdd, video 256mb geforce 6800 or ati x800.

Recommended: 2,0 dual core, 2 gig mem, 25 GB free on HDD. video 512 mb geforce 8800GTS or ATI HD 3870. sound eax 5.0. It says enhanced for multi care at the box.

I have vista 32, 4 gig mem, core two duo 2,4, hd 3870 and can play the game on very high.I did have a problem whit the patch, but the hotfix cured that. Some playes on teh forum have it the other way around. A hotfix/patch removal tool is available.

Jack Funk likes this.
  2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I played Scared Gold and got very bored as it was click to survive more than playing a game with some skill involved. To hear it is less click to survive will make me think about this game as a possibility down the road. Is there any RPG in this game or is it similar to the first game?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Thank for the information Merlanni.

How do you find the setting/story/writing? Without spoiling things, can you give an idea how original or interesting it is, and if someone needs to be familiar with the first game to fully enjoy it?

I'm a bit wary of the protection, but if it just means you can't run it on multiple computers but can install it on yours as many times as you want then I have no problem with that.

4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well It sacred 2 so the hack and slash is only one notch lower. Not enough to tell a good story. If you got bored whit sacred1, pick this up in the budget bin on a rainy day.

I have been busy whit all the fedex quest go get the hang of it. It is a lot better than titan quest, dungeon siege2 or silverfall. That is partly due to the graphics but also to detail. Easter eggs are nice and abundant.

Do not expect the gameplay of Oblivion, Mass Effect or D&D games. It is still semi-mindless hack and slash but well done. If you are going to buy only one game this month, Fallout 3 comes at 31 October.

At Ziad: The box says: It has securom. Two computers at the same time whit an activation code. From the chatter on the forum I deduce only two computers, but unlimited reinstal if uninstalled properly.
    http://www.unlock.sacred2.com/

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    OK, thanks for clearing this up. I had the impression this more than mere hack and slash, but if it's well-done H&S I may get it when the price drops. The protection is something I can live with. I'm more interested in something with story, so Witcher and MotB will take priority over this one.

6. Merlanni

Media:
    Absolutly. And Fallout 3 or Drakensang. (Drakensang is a game made by a German D&D clone ruleset and is in the process of being translated. Exp: q1 2009. A German demo is availble.)

7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I heard it is going to be released on the PS3; if this is true than it will become a PS3 purchased instead. I don't mind a hack and slash game on the PS3. I hate super clicking with my mouse though.

8. Merlanni

Media:
    They thought of that. keeping the left mouse pressed solves it for the major part.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.