1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RotK EE

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Does anyone know the release date of the Return of the King EE? I know I asked nearly the identical question (but for the Two Towers) one year ago, and I pleasantly surprised to find out it came out on the same day I asked the question.

2. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

AFAIK, it comes out December 14th.

I'm definately buying that one when it comes out :D

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can advance order it now from

edit: deleted the link -- I'd hate to see any business taken from SP...

Unless we can order it through SP.... :confused:

[ November 18, 2004, 16:30: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LMAO! Were you writing that at the same time Tal was? He gave the link for buying it through the SP affiliation with Amazon. And Amazon says December 14th.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yep, and unlike with games (and sometimes books), the DVD release dates on Amazon pretty much always hold. Incidentally, since I know looking for DVDs in the book section is hardly intuitive, I'm planning on making a separate fantasy movies section in the very near future.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, thanks Blackthorn... speed of the turtle here. I certainly don't have "crazy, flippin' fingers."

I deleted my link.

[Thanks, very thoughtful of you. ;) ] -Tal

[ November 18, 2004, 22:51: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Does anyone know if they are going to make a LotR SE/EE Box set (i.e. FotR, TTT, and RotK all in one box set)? And if so, when will it be released?That's what I'm waiting for! :thumb: :rolling:

9. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Of course they will. They'll probably slap some extra on it too so some of the supergeeks who bought the Extended Edition sets separately before will buy this new all-in-one package as well.

Question is, *when* will they make it. :)

I'm just waiting for this RoTK EE set. Then my collection will be complete.

10. Taluntain

Media:
  11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Just to make sure, if I click on your Amazon.com link from SP, and then click on the Canada link to get Amazon.ca, it still gives SP credit, right?

12. lasgalen Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

December 10th is the date currently being advertised on Australian TV.

13. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Jaguar, er, no, actually... That only works within one Amazon site. We have too few Canadian visitors for it to make sense to make links for them too (especially since the Canadian Amazon doesn't carry many items the US and others do). But if you go to http://www.sorcerers.net/Main/amazon_ca.php and select "DVD" and type in "Lord of the Rings" you'll get what you want (and this will go through SP, yes).

Also, if anyone is from Germany, same as above, only use this link: http://www.sorcerers.net/Main/amazon_de.php

Thanks!

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Just one quote from the item description off of Amazon.com:
    :eek: :eek: Wow, that will take a while to watch all of them! I see what it's over $75! :eek: :eek:

I asume that the set is formatted in Widescreen...I looked over the item description and I didn't see any aspect ratios listed.

[Edit] I just found where it says that it is formatted using the Widescreen anamorphic - 2.35:1 ratio...I didn't think to click the "More Technical details about this edition..." link. :rolling:

[ November 22, 2004, 05:20: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

15. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

hubba hubba hubba,
    I Feel a purchase coming up shortly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.