1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Robe of Apprenti/Ring of Wizardry/Staff of Power

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by NewShortName, Jun 22, 2002.

1. NewShortName Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Another query about the Mage Stronghold. What is the best thing to do, make the Robe of Apprenti, make the Ring of Wizardry, make the Staff of Power or let all Appreti survive and get the experince?????
    Could someone please help me????

2. ivanatora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Ring of Wizardy is very nice - bonus 7th and 8th level spells. The robe gives only 5AC. About the staff... I don't know - when I tried to make it one of the students died.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can skip the last thing because if you tell them to make something at least one of the will blow up, and they usually take someone with them.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I always try to get the tobe - it is outstanding, offering the best protectiion of all mage robes in BG-2. Perfect for mage-thieves. Only drawback is the orange :D

5. NewShortName Gems: 1/31

I'm not bothered about the orange so i'm gonna go for the robe
    Thanks

6. Xasth Gems: 1/31

I always avoid making anything. If you choose the Robe of Apprenti, Larz (the bitter young man with black hair and issues with his family) will die. Choose the Ring of Wizardry and Nara and Larz will die. The Staff of Power requires that all of your apprentices be alive, and upon success OR failure they will all die. If you end the quest having all of them alive however, you get 50,000xp which is very nice. Also, Morul (the rich guy) will come back and make you five potions weekly if he survived. These are wonderful, but be careful as a cursed potion makes it's way into the bunch ever now and again. The guy's just a beginner at the whole potions thing, so give him a break ;)

7. NewShortName Gems: 1/31

When you get 50'000 exp, is it for each character or split between the party?

8. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Ring of wizardry can be found somewhere else in the game too and you can only have 1 per character. I thought the robe gives you AC3, not 5 could be wrong though.

9. Ring:+1 8th and 7th spell
    staff:fires a fireball a cone of cold and a lightning bolt at the same time.
    Other:5ac.
    Dont get them to make any.Most of the time they die.Big downfall.One of them stayes and makes potions.

Paddy!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.