1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Reviving Viconia

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by spetznaz, Feb 26, 2004.

1. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I just whacked Bhodi for the last time, though she made Viconia a vampire and she died along too. Was ages since I last played through so I cannot remember how to revive her?

Help pls.

2. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Take Viconia's body and Bodhi's heart, put them both in the Statue of Amanatour in the Temple ruins. Bingo, Viccy's back. :)

3. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Thank you! :)

[ February 26, 2004, 12:20: Message edited by: spetznaz ]

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Or, a non-spoilery one:

Read the books in the trapped chest near Bodhi's grave. Do what they suggest. :D

5. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Is it a scripted event that as soon as the party enters the Graveyard District, the lover character will get kidnapped?

6. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If the romance variable is still 2 then yes, the lover-char is always kidnapped.

7. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Strange. I've been romancing Viconia the whole game yet when I just showed up in the graveyard district, Bodhi didn't kidnap her. Kind of a relief actually as trekking all the way to the Umar Hills to revive her is a pain but still strange that it didn't happen.

8. cadderly Gems: 5/31

personally, i never bother with the romances, way too much work for me.

9. david w Gems: 19/31

I usually don't bother myself but someone said in a different thread that if you romance Viconia you get a really decent mace and some armour from a Handmaiden of Lolth sent to assassinate her. Killed the Handmaiden and took the mace and armour... which turned out to not be half as good as the stuff I already had.

A few days later I hit the graveyard district, listened to Bodhi's evil rant and waited for Viconia to be spirited away... but nothing happened. Maybe I've got one too many mods installed somewhere along the way.

10. cadderly Gems: 5/31

ah, then thats where you and I differ, i dont install mods, though im thinking of trying a few out soon, if you can suggest a few good ones and where to get I think Ill try them out.

11. Lacessit Gems: 4/31

If Viccy is not abducted, this means your romance is screwed. Try finding out the variable with the console to be sure, but I'm pretty certain I'm right.

12. david w Gems: 19/31

I've slept with Viconia and the Handmaiden of Lolth has shown up and several days (game time) after the incident in the graveyard, I'm still getting the romance talks with Viconia. But no abduction.

Hell, why am I even complaining? Trekking all the way to the Umar Hills to bring back a party member is a pain anyway.

13. Lacessit Gems: 4/31

Hmmm, interesting. The romance could end the Love-Talk right after the Hand-maiden appearance though. Try the console, now I'm curious. (For the correct console command I'll have to check something, please hold)

EDIT: got it: type CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL") into the console to find out.

14. david w Gems: 19/31

Thanks. I'll try that when I get home (at work now and my boss tends to complain if I sit here playing BG2 instead of working...)

About the CLUA commands: what will it display if the romance is still active?

15. Lacessit Gems: 4/31

if active it should display "2" if it is screwed, it should read "3".

16. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

read the books on the chest in the top left room..."Look for your own answers"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.