1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Remember my brother

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

[​IMG] Here's a poem that Tobias posted on my Poetic Surge thread:

Here's my rendition, my last tribute to Tobias.

Since you've been gone
    I'm wondering if your death was all just a dream
    Since you've been gone
    It's like all of the world is turning its back on me

I've been feeling sad and in despair since all this grief's come on
    I've been in unbearable pain since you've been gone

Nothing could be any worse than hearing that you've been taken away
    It couldn't hurt any more; I was overwhelmed that day

Since you've been gone
    I'm feeling lucky that I have so many friends in this Place
    Since you've been gone
    I'd give anything to have one more sight of your face

Ever since the day you left me, I've been so miserable, my dear
    People give me their shoulders to cry on
    but I wish you were here.

If you would like to post anything, you're welcome to.

[ October 04, 2003, 20:55: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Aw man. I know I'll sound stupid, but I am really, really sorry. I don't know Tobias well, but he was a cool guy.

Don't give up and go on. We'll be here.

Let the show go on.

*stops her pathetic babbling and hugs Alustriel*

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Unfortunately, I think my only interaction with Tobias was in this thread; not one of his (or my) finest moments, but from what I've seen in his other posts, he seemed pretty cool.

Your poem is very very touching and personal. My condolences again. Losing a loved one is hard, but wounds heal over time.

4. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't know what to say but as they say, a image tells thousands of words: :(

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Tobias and I started out sniping at each other in a Random Babble thread, and it eventually turned into the Quote Game. I always enjoyed his, uh, "quirky" sense of humor. :)

It is simply NOT RIGHT that someone dies of asthma in this day and age! :mad:

Forgive me for this, Tal, but:

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye :cry:

ps - Ashley, you have a real gift for poetry. I hope it brings you solace.

[ October 04, 2003, 21:29: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Correct, and probably such a big wound will result in a scar and a scar always has a tale. Each time you see it, you'll remember that tale.
    Let the wound close, but make sure there's a scar!
    (I'm nearly crying, serious. I got a pretty nice scar myself.)

My condolences. That's all my bothered brain comes up with at this time.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs*

I don't have the words... I hope that in time your grief will lessen.

I regret immensely never getting to know him... and now I will never be able to do so.

8. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I've only seen a few of Tobias' posts in passing, so I went into his Profile page to see what it said. When I was there, I noticed the two lines at the bottom of the page; they seemed to say it all:
    I am so very sorry for your loss.

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I had some fun with him on the quote thread. He will be missed. I lost my mother a few years ago, and it hurts like hell. I hope you find some solace somewhere.

10. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

Splunge: Here are some of his better posts, if' you'd like to see them:

* Rindercella

* Original Quote Game (this one he helped with; you'll hae to look for his posts in there)

* Part of a D&D skit

* Weird Al

There was one other where he memorized two songs from the Food Album, but I couldn't find it .

My brother is gone
    Yet for every life that ends
    A new life begins

And it's true: My new cousin is three days old today!

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks, Alustriel, those were good links. I especially liked the Rindercella one :lol:

And about your new cousin, right on the heals of Tobias's passing - all I can say is, wow! (Good quote, BTW)

12. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sorry to hear about your brother :sosad: I know asthma is no joke! I almost died from it in 1st grade. I had a extremely high fever and was in an oxygen tent for a week :(

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Damn, he's the second from the Boards that dies and it hurts the same all the time, even if you don't know 'em.

I grieve with you, I really do. Remember him well.

OT: The other guy that died was Elementus for 2(?)years ago, nice guy.

14. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

When? How? Why? I simply can't express how sorry i am by just putting a simple word "sorry" on a screen. This hurts and words seem like black dots on a screen. I can't write anymore. I am trully stunned

15. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, I thought it quite ironic that my brother was born in Friday. Oh well, congtas about the new cousin. :)

Hope you manage.

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I do remember him ... and am speechless at your loss.

Seeing your pain ...

17. Register Gems: 29/31

I vote on that Tal reserves Tobias avatar for all time passing, would be a thing to remember him.

Opinions?

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Definitely, IMO. Great idea, VZ.

19. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Hmm... What was his first avatar name... Just can't remember it, although I had some PM'ing with 'im...

20. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

It might've been Cold_Fire, Virne. But the only other one he used was Tarolazh, a.k.a. Tobias.

And I think you and him PM'd about drawings. That's what he told me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.