1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Real Life Dual-Class Experiences

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, May 31, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Believe it or not, I am a walking, talking, dual-classed individual.

I went through seminary to train as a pastor. After that, I was the senior pastor of a church for 4 1/2 years. Due to a cadre of issues, I moved into the corporate world where I am an Account Manager for a Fortune 500 company in sales. I've now been in this new role for two years.

Thinking about it, I d/c myself from Cleric to either merchant or thief (depending on your personal view of sales people!)

Here's my point. The AD&D rules are 100% realistic. My goal has been to practice both my pastoral duties and to work my sales job. (specifically, to plant a church while working). However, the learning curve I am going through with my new job, I don't have time or the mental fortitude to juggle both roles. There are new stresses, new things that occupy my mind and keep me up at night, and new priorities.

As I've gotten better at this new job, however, the stress is slowly decreasing. I can see myself slowly beginning to tap back into the parts of my mind that are "clerical" but have been collecting dust for a few years. Soon I'll be able to use all my old knowledge and skills with freedom and confidence, while still getting better at my new job.

Has anyone else gone through an experience like this? Just curious.

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

In M&M 7, the cleric is the only one who can be Grand Master Merchant. Maybe you are no dual class after all?

I will consider myself a clean class hunter (ranger) right now.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited May 31, 2001).]

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Mollusken - fill me in a little on M&M 7. The only M&M I know is the candy coated treat that melts in your mouth, not in your hand!

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

3D first person RPG. Lots of hack & slash, but also great adventures and tons of quests to complete to gain experience and advance levels. All Might and Magic 6, 7 and 8 are nice (8 is not as good as the other two, though). 7 is the beset. 6 has the simplest rules of playing (all classes can learn mastery in all abilities they can learn etc.). I do not know of any good homepages, but check out the official site at www.3do.com

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

There you go, tempting me with yet another game. Fortunately, I'm tapped out on time & addiction slots.

I need to level up a few more times, and then I get to choose a new addiction. Currently toying with either smoking or recreational drugs, but M&M 7 could be a good idea too.

(j/k 100% btw!)

6. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] hmmm started out as a dancer, now i am a dispatcher for Otis elevator.

Neither really fit into a D&D class...LOL

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Kit - Dancer, eh? Pretty exciting stuff!

Well, up until last week I was a 6th Level Pencilpusher, magic abilities included: Speech of Incomprehensibility, Cloak of Invisibility, Pen of Authority, and Signature of Damnation.

This week I am a 0 Level Squire, training to be a noble knight and bringer of Justice to the oppressed! Righter of Wrongs, and Champion of the downtrodden (Is that one word?). Well, at least that the way I'll perceive myself as an attorney once I finish.

If not, then Swashbuckler/Rogue, out for the easy score! :D ;) Either way, It's infinitely better than what I've been doing!!!

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Calm yourself Bel! She didn't say exotic dancer! ;)

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] BTA - It's amazing how someone I've never met and lives on the opposite coast can know me sooooo well! :D

How ya been?!?

[Doin' fine. Busier at work lately, and I've temporarily lost my DSL at home, so haven't been in the chat a lot lately... BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited June 05, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.