1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Quotes

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Aft Foreward, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Aft Foreward Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I was just wondering, what are some of your, by this i mean the board, favorite quotes from the NPC's? In my opinion, just about anything Minsc says.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I presume you are fairly new so I shall just say there is a four page topic on this that is on the next page of topics

3. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My favorite quote is from Jan: "You sound like Goladon". I don't know why it just makes me chuckle. JB.

4. aldekeuk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Is this what you were thinking of?

[ August 10, 2002, 15:57: Message edited by: Rastor ]

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My favourite quote is 'Wandering to the edges of madness, did you expect to find sense and reason.'

7. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

When I received a +1 to reputation, Minsc went on with one of his typical speeches. I was given various dialog options with one being a speech similar to his. I selected this option, and Minsc replied that was the spirit and I should get a hamster or maybe a Snow Weasel. The Snow Weasel comment split my side. :lol:

8. Walker Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The problem with that is that I WANT to get that snow weasel!

What about the play in the playhouse. All those people yelling Boo, I would have told Minsc that Boo was famous, see all the people calling out for him!

9. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31

Yes, I want that Snow Weasel too. I didn't think about the "Booing" during the play. The designers missed a great dialog opportunity with Minsc on that one. :D

10. Takouhi Bladesinger Gems: 2/31

Yoshimo. "I can dance on the head of a pin as well!" "HIIIIII-ya." "Heh...the tourists love that one". His are hilarious, but I admit they don't reach the insane level of Minsc :D

11. Wavesword Gems: 1/31

Listen to Korgan when you are in a woodland area, he mutters about burning down trees and daisies

12. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

13. Lennon Gems: 2/31

"Ah, my hound, this city be the world of commerce- perhaps we could sell Jaheira ??" -- Haer`Dalis

"Tell me Jaheira, how does it feel to be part of a ruthless secret society who`s strangle hold over it`s members borders on endentured slavery ??"
    "Edwin, an oak staff can crush a head from only inches away. And noone would mourn your passing"
    -- Conversation between Edwin and Jaheira

And I *love* the way imps speak :D
    The one that appears after you have given Phaere the fake eggs was quite good... if anyone can give me the full log, i`d be *very* greatful :)

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Another one of my favorites was when Jaheira and Haer'dalis were having a bit of a slug out of words. (Jaheira won, understandably). Haer'dalis said something along the lines of: I must protest, your tounge cuts the fine edge of my wit (this is just an assumption I made, It sounds like something Haer'dalis could say anyway)
    Jaheira: If you must protest then I only respond to hunger strikes, and only then too late

15. Lennon Gems: 2/31

"Treehugger, I`ve a question for you... if a tree falls in a forrest does anybody CARE ??" --Viconia

[ August 18, 2002, 11:58: Message edited by: Lennon ]

16. astro zombie Gems: 2/31

Minsc-- "Ah, you said what you did just to get me mad, mad enough to break free, ah ah you are as smart as boo sometimes."
    thats my favorite misnc one
    o dont know if you guys have the morte voice pack but in it my favoret thing he says in it is this
    Morte"Women are the reason i became a monk, and um the reason i switched back."

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

If you like those voicepacks of those characters, may I suggest buying PST? You'll get a lot of really cool interactions with that.

I could create a snow weasel you could import into the game. Maybe like a familiar or some such.

18. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31

Creating a Snow Weasel would be neat. :D Minsc with the hamster Boo, and my Paladin with the Snow Weasel Hoo. The Bards will spin tales of the great deeds of Boo and Hoo up and down the Sword Coast. We are all Heros! :lol:

19. uffda Gems: 1/31

rastor-what is PST and where would i get it?

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    PST is PlaneScape Torment, check the games section of SP or the boards for that

Blast ye Drizzt, me hammer is not PINK!!!

[ November 01, 2002, 22:56: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.