1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Quick Subplot possibility Question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by pplr, Jun 8, 2009.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Hello, is there any subplot that leads you to the Twisted Rune portal in the Bridge District or the palace in the Temple District with Celestial Fury and the people that don't care for visitors?

I think I may remember something that leads (as a plot device) you to the twisted Rune but only vaguely. I generally just walk in both these days (obviously making sure I have a Rogue stone for the one). But I wonder if they come up as part of a subquest.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The slaver's compound (palace in the temple district) is tied to ... wait for it ... the slavers. It's also tied to the Roenael's -- it seems Isaea is actually a slaver as well and has some incriminating documents which implicate the guys in the temple district. A thread of evidence is better than none at all -- so go kill all the slavers and sleep peace in the knowledge that the world is a safer place with them gone (except for the whole evil-wizard-bent-on-taking-over-the-world and the five-really-bad-asses-wanting-to-be-evil-gods).

The at the bottom of the tanner's place are 'rune assassins' and the skin dancers boss (the guy who can make you to human skin armor) will threaten you for 'crossing the rune' if you say you're going to kill him. Close enough for my paladin to take on the twisted rune. Justice is so fickle at times.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The whole thread reeks of "plot cut out of the game", but the links that T2 describes are pretty much all that's left in the game. There was a mod out there (I think an old Nalia Romance mod) that tried to tie them all together in a plausible way with a more obvious flow from one encounter to the other.

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My 1st playthrough, i had a relatively low-level party when i accidentally found Shandalar and his band of goons. Apparently i had the gem in my possession and walked right into a Meet-your-Maker clash that destroyed my Half-Orc Barbarian and posse in all of 5 seconds. About 20 failed attempts later, i decided to give Shandalar a whole lotta respect and went adventuring elsewhere. Unfortunately, not long after, i walked in on the Slavers in the Temple district. Ouch again. Nothing like getting a beat down by Celestial Fury. I looked all-over Athlatka and found no evidence of any links to them except for what T2 was referring to. I always wondered if i was missing out on something, but even the cheater's guides don't show any other connections.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Unfinished Business added a special rogue stone to the Temple slavers loot that could easily lead to the Twisted Rune encounter.

6. saros Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Improved Anvil adds 2 notes:

The first note is added to the inventory of Captain Haegan in the Slaver Ship in the Slums and leads to Sion, the leader of the Guarded Compound slavers.

The second note is in the form of a special quest rogue stone which cannot be sold and bears an inscruption, pointing towards Shangalar from the Twisted Rune.

Still, the notes are poor from storybase perspective, but IA is a tactical mod, not a roleplaying/storyline enhancement mod.

7. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Thanks for the references-especially the Isaea one (I knew he was involved in slave trading and I'll see if a name comes up that relates to that palace). I was able to get vague references to the slavers in the temple district by drinking at a bar-so I guess that general reference has been left in the game (though this isn't specific and doesn't mention that palace in particular).

The wizard who covered the skinner's escape really annoyed me because he is one of those unkillable plot related characters and I don't think I ever ran across him again (I'll have to double check to see if he is hanging out with Shangalar). If not then at least I know that draining ability/attribute scores can still take the supposedly unkillable down.

8. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    well, surely they shouldnt be easy to find, theyre slavers

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.