1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questions...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Christian, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I still don't have nwn :(

anyway, here I go,

I want to know, I heard that when you open lock and disarm trap that you don't get any exp. but when a mage learn a spell? will he get exp?

And another one,

Is a thief really necessery in nwn?

2. Sekhmentet Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When a mage learns a spell, he/she doesn't get any exp.

And yeah a thief is more than useful. But I guess you can do it without one. Might be hard though.

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, not having a Thief isn't exactly life-threatening... but not having a Rogue is!
    Your Rogue doesn't need the skills Detect Traps, Open Locks etc. But other skills are more than useful. [Persuade] for example is very useful.
    A rogue is a very good idea.
    But not nesecarry, Bioware created the game with the fact that everyone doesn't want to play Rogues and Thieves in mind.

4. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have some others questions:

Does henchman and summoned monster take you exp?

A familiar gain lvl when the mage gain a lvl??? but is it only when the mage lvl up or the character lvl up.

same thing for lvl 3 mage who cast burning hand it will do 3d4. and a 3 lvl character (1st fighter and 2 lvl mage) will it do 3d4 or 2d4 of damage?

and if I play a priest (cleric whatever) if I give him the feat martial weapon, will I be able to have a greatsword, because in BG a cleric can't use 2hd sword...

[This message has been edited by Christian (edited July 02, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Christian (edited July 02, 2002).]

5. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think that this is the first Game I've played where i actuelly worry about the traps! even at full health i could open the wrong door and kill myself on a trap! (i've done this several times) and it's not like i'm so week mage my guy is a Ranger. it's becomeing less common that i get killed by a trap now as I have 17 levels 12/2/3 Ranger fighter Rogue.
    but in chapter 1 and chapter 2 there are traps that killed me instant. ones that do 100+ dmg in one hit are nasty.
    so i've boosted my detect traps and disarm traps up. although really detecting traps I think is more importent then disarming them. after all you can walk around most of them if you know where they are.
    but if your char doesn't want to learn those skills you can hire Tomi the Thief who is pretty good at detecting and removing traps for you. :D

6. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Summoned creatures/companions/familiars sort of take experience from you, but not really. :) Each individual critter you kill will be worth less experience points in most circumstances, but the encounters will be with more difficult or more numerous critters in most cases. My fighter got more experience per zombie killed, but my "Druid/Mage and friends" faced a lot more zombies, plus more high end zombies like zombie warriors. Worked out about the same exp wise.

Your familiar or animal companion only increases in level when you increase the specific class. So if you are a fighter/mage, your familiar only gains levels when you boost your wizard class but not when you boost your fighter class.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.