1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems with IWD

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Luan, Jul 23, 2000.

1. Luan Guest

Just got the game, just got the patch and still having a problem with it. Had the same with Baldur's Gate too and never got that solved. But Torment was fine.

Anyway here it is: The bottom line of buttons on the interface keep flashing for certain characters, such as the mages and thieves. Both of these are quite handy, but the only way I can use them is to selext a screen other than the main game view and then back again and have a short period when I can actually use them properly. This is needless to say very irritating. It also affects the choice of formations, basically always defaults straight back to the highly irritating T formation which I don't want. Now a couple of nights ago it managed to work normally for a few hours, but since then I've been unable to. My thief is practically uncontrollable on her own and therefore I can't search for traps properly. Has anyone come across this before? And can anyone suggest some sort of solution before tech support reply to my e-mail?

A second problem is that the game doesn't seem to work when I install it in a directory other than the default. Crashing upon loading. Which as my windows hard drive is only 3.2Gb and my other one is 17Gb is awkwark, but that seems to affect virtually every game.

No problems with speed or so, slight slowdown occasionally, but nothing to get worked up over.

2. Wingfoot Guest

i had the same problem w/BG once, you know the interface keeps flashing and you cant change your formation, rather annoying.... i just reinstalled and it has worked fine since. thats the only help i can offer, hope it works for you.

3. Luan Guest

Had installed BG a few times and it still happened. Actually haven't heard of anyone else before that had the same problem. For a second day (out of about 10) IWD worked perfectly, actually in a way that was a problem as a couple of the ways round the problem caused it not to work as intened (particularly my mage wouldn't cast fireball as easily as usual :D).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.