1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problem at Blacklake Archives

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by uat, Feb 2, 2009.

1. uat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well even though my char is wearing that veil i cannot see the paper pencil nor i can open the seen secret door. (or rather unlock them, tried bashing, using but nada nothing happens.)
    :(
    I am totally stuck.

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Using the veil you should be able to anser the books question in the four seperate rooms. You first have to read the various tomes to know the answer.
    With the veil on, it opens up various serect doors

3. uat Gems: 1/31

well the veil did not reveal what it was supposed to show but then i guess my problem was downloading motb without the patches of the oc so i reinstalled and no problems anymore. i hope. but thanks =)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I didn't have that issue you mentioned when I played without patching the game before installing MotB. I patched the game after I installed both the OC and MotB.

5. uat Gems: 1/31

well... i didn't patch because in my opinion the updater kind off... well sucks? It slows down everything. really annoying. I really don't know what caused this problem but thankfully it is no more. =)

6. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

What caused the problem is that you didn't patch, uat.

You see, installing MotB doesn't upgrade OC or fix bugs or issues with the OC.

Obsidian made a so-called mod fix to do that, which is installed automatically if you use the Autoupdater to patch after you install MotB.

Also, when MotB came out it actually broke some things in the OC, and patching takes care of that.

Unfortunately, now that SoZ is out, installing that cause some things to be bugged in the OC. This will be addressed in patch 1.22, according to Obsidian, but that patch is delayed...

Loreseeker likes this.
  7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I am using the Beta 1.22 patch right now. It did fix some of the issues that SoZ caused to the OC and a few other minor ones, though nothing really big. I hope they are smart and decide to update the patch to 1.23 and include some major bug fixes in the OC, MotB and SoZ.

8. Fluesterwitz Gems: 1/31

I don't know about patches and such, but if your PC wears the librarian's veil she should be able to simply pass the secret passages. It worked for me. :cool:

Edited to clarify: To wear = mounted in helmet-slot.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  9. Ironhawk Skylord

Fluesterwitz, the OP explitcitly stated that he wore the Veil and was unable to pass the secret doors.

You might want to read the whole thread again.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  10. Fluesterwitz Gems: 1/31

I did (re-)read the thread, which was the reason I clarified my post.
    I was quite exuberant having discovered that my inability to pass the secret doors was not connected to some arcane program glitch requiring another largish patch, but rather an easy correctable mistake. ;)

11. Ironhawk Skylord

Ah.

Heh. Yeah, well. An easy correctable mistake it is. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.