1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Priston Tale, A Free MMORPG

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Foradasthar, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It's a Korean anime-styled fantasy MMORPG. Very combat-oriented, with beautiful isometric 3D graphics, this game doesn't even require a credit card number to play. Just go to their homesite at http://eng.pristontale.com, download the game, register and start playing. You can advance up to level 39 without paying for the game. To go further than that, payment is required. I played some 3 hours yesterday, and the leveling seems to get exponentially slower, as each level requires roughly twice the amount of experience the previous level did. And your power rises fairly slowly. So for a casual gamer, level 39 amounts to at least some 2 months of gaming, which is more than enough for a completely free quality MMORPG. Considering I actually paid for DaOC and AO, and couldn't stand the grinding boredom for over a month in either (or did I actually manage to pay for 2 months on the other, can't remember..), this ain't bad.

For someone who wishes a lot of variation and dialogue, this definitely is not the ideal game for you. That description would include me as well, but since this is a free game and I'm pretty much short of games to spend my time on, I'm enjoying this for now. Some 600 megs of downloading isn't too bad for anyone with more than dialup, and if you have friends to join you, all the better. That's the way I'm playing it as well, with 3 friends of mine.

If you have the time, I recommend you to try it out.

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

That link doesn't work. www.pristontale.com should. ;)

IIRC, isn't it completely free without limitations? :hmm:

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Strange...

And no, it's until level 39. Or 37 or somesuch.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

That's a pity, as if you get hooked and think it is a great game, it's quite annoying to have to quit it in the half-way. That's a common fault with almost all commercial online games.

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Seems perfect to me. Although Priston Tale is a rather simplified version of say, AO or DAoC, it's still an acurrate one. About every MMO is just about beating enemies all the time with some variation to graphics and names of abilities every now and then. It's an incredibly simple format which quickly gets boring for someone with higher requirements for their entertainment than just chasing after a carrot. :)

For this reason, Priston Tale is just ideal. It gets boring as heck around level 10 already. There really is no reason to play further than those 39 levels. You can't rightly "finish" any MMO anyway, as there is no plot or mission to complete. It's just about taking the character as far as you're willing to go. Be that the cap of the game, or until you get bored.

As I said, 39 is enough to make a casual gamer play one character for at least 2 months. Just one! Playing just 3 different characters (choosing from 2 different sides) will keep one entertained for half a year. I don't think that's too bad for a free game.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Okay, but just one thing straight: if it requires any kind of registration against a mandatory fee, in any way, it is not free, but FREE! FREE! FREE! (iPod and flat-screen INCLUDED! REALLY!) :shake:

More like shareware with trial-period.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.