1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pool of Radiance Board Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Aug 17, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Darien)

Garrett Graham had a bit to say about the use of 3e rules in PoR, and a reminder for those who think the developers aren't paying attention to "customer feedback." Here are his recent comments on the Official Pool of Radiance message boards.

Switching to 3rd Edition: PoR was a 2nd Ed. game when it was first designed and during the early programming stages. When 3rd Ed. was announced, the management at the time made the decision to change over. And to be fair, I think most of the people on this board would have made the same decision. But there were some problems involved, mostly revolving around changing the enging in mid-development and with the rules set changing every week (we were sent constant updates as things were added and taken out of the new rules). Things that are not in the game, were never in the game, due either to changing rules or to design decisions made early on. So as an issue of semantics, nothing has been cut from PoR.

A last note: the people responsible for making these decisions have long since departed our company (we've been bought and sold four times during PoR's dev time). However, I'll patiently read everything that's written in this Forum so that I can learn and do better in the future. And I also want to mention that Ubi Soft is the first game company that's owned us and they are listening to what we say and better yet, are acting on it.

Character Customization/Feats: I got the impression that they put the rules in for balancing purposes, and then tried to rationalize them. I like the fact that 3E rules have cleaned up a lot of this.

Following the Message Boards: I read everything that goes up here and I answer questions that people have about the game. But I try not to get involved in flame wars or cases where people who have a difference of opinion treat it like a right vs. wrong arguement.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.