1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What type of camera do you own?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Kitrax, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...in light of the fact that I am going to be buying a $1000 digital SLR camera soon after the holiday rush, I got to thinking...what type(s) of camera(s) do you folks have? Now that dSLR cameras have fallen in price to the point where even poor amateurs can afford them, the domain of the point-and-shoot camera is being threatened.
    The types of cameras covered in the poll include: Currently, I own a 3.1MP Kodak DX6340 that's a few years old now, and like I mentioned before, I'm going to be getting the Olympus E-500 dSLR camera probably in January when the prices come back down. The dSLR linked to above is the one I'll be buying. :thumb:

How about you? :rolling:

[ September 29, 2006, 23:28: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 11 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What type of camera do you own? (11 votes.)

What type of camera do you own? (Choose 7)
    * Old school 35mm (or similar) film camera that's not a SLR - 9% (1)
    * Digital point-and-shoot camera - 73% (8)
    * Digital SLR-Like (also known as a "prosumer" camera) - 0% (0)
    * Digital SRL (dSLR) - 9% (1)
    * Film SLR - 0% (0)
    * Cellphone/PDA - 27% (3)
    * I don't have a camera - 18% (2)

What level of photographer are you? (Choose 1)
    * Basic Amateur - 55% (6)
    * Experienced Amateur - 36% (4)
    * Hobbyist - 9% (1)
    * Professional Photographer - 0% (0)

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have an Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom. It is a 5.1 MP. It is nearing two years old now. Overall it is a very nice camera but it has gotten a bit wonky since I got it soaked in a torrential downpour.

Whenever possible I borrow my father's digital slr camera. He was a newspaper photographer 35 years ago. Naturally that means that he feels that he has to have a very nice quality camera.

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I've got a Cellphone camera...I can't afford both a separate camera AND a phone, and besides, I only ever use it for casual photos, you know, at parties and such...so that's fine for me.

3 MP Carl Zeiss lens equipped 2096 pixel photos don't hurt! :D

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Kitrax, your camera looks like the one my bro has, he studies photography. ;)

I myself don't own any, but I use the family one, an ancient and crappy HP photosmart 120.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I wish I could get a degree in photography, but my work won't pay for it. :bad: So if I ever end up taking any studies in photography, it'll be down the road.

The olnly thing I'm not looking forward to is the high prices for lenses. A prime (non-zooming) lenses costs about $400 to $600 just for the lens! :eek:

Photography is fun. :banana: :rolling:

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

A 4MP Kodak I was given as a present, and that I barely use.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.