1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Spellbinder's hat

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Myth, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Last night I played some Heroes of might and magick 3 and this woke up some dear memories of the good old time when I used to hotseat for whole nights with a couple of friends and lead some epic battles of massive proportions.

So I decided to give this poll a shot. I an sure that most of you (if not all) have played HOMM3 at least once, an everybody who has ever played that game has his favourites.
    What are yours?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 3 question(s). 10 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Spellbinder's hat (10 votes.)

Which race is your favourite? (Choose 1)
    * Castle - 30% (3)
    * Rampart - 10% (1)
    * Tower - 10% (1)
    * Necropolis - 20% (2)
    * Dungeon - 0% (0)
    * Inferno - 10% (1)
    * Stronghold - 10% (1)
    * Fortress - 0% (0)
    * Conflux - 10% (1)

Favourite 7-th level unit? (Choose 1)
    * Archangel - 40% (4)
    * Gold Dragon - 0% (0)
    * Titan - 0% (0)
    * Dread Knight (come on, should I put ghost dragons here really?? :D ) - 0% (0)
    * Black Dragon - 20% (2)
    * Archdevil - 0% (0)
    * Ancient Behemot - 20% (2)
    * Chaos Hydra - 0% (0)
    * Phoenix - 20% (2)

Favourite hero? (Choose 1)
    * Orin - 0% (0)
    * Eleshar - 0% (0)
    * Solmyr Ibn Wali Barad - 10% (1)
    * Sandro - 20% (2)
    * Alamar - 0% (0)
    * Xyron - 0% (0)
    * Crag Hack - 10% (1)
    * Tazar - 0% (0)
    * Other - 60% (6)

2. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I love that game, its a pity the series was ruined by HoMM4...

A tough choice between the Necropolis and the Dungeon.

And Sandro was always the most chrismatic hero since HoMM3!

3. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, unlike the common opinion I kinda liked HOMM4's gameplay. It was much more difficult than the third one which is good, and the "Earth+Air+Water+Fire magick= reign supreme" trick is no more. Also there are much less useless skills and spells (no eagle eye, scouting works) and useless heroes such as Piquedram i.e. (my "fav" - specialty in gargoyles starts with basic eagle eye and basic mysticism).
    Unfortunately the shitty 3d graphics and the lack of personality in heroes ruined the whole spirit of the game.
    And now that 3DO is no more I guess HoMM3 will remain as the last legendary part of the series.

P.S. I love the necro but Stronghold has always been MY race, and I love the whole story with Solmyr and Gavin Magnus in the fourth, so Solmyr is a fav.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

It's a great, grand game. That said......

Heroes II is much better in my opinion. Heroes IV could have been much better (damn A.I.) and hopefully Heroes V will be better.

@Myth (assuming you were talking about Heroes V there) I think the graphics look great, when zoomed out (check the latest screens) it looks just like any other Homm game. The only flaw I see now that it will be too much like Heroes III.

5. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Go the castle, I love the Crusaders. And the black dragon. I sense a conflict :)

I can't remember any of the heroes except Solmyr and Christian. I liked Christian. And that Lord guy until he turned out to be a traitor :|

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Castle, life magic, archangels... ;)

But I enjoyed Tower, order and titans, as well. As for heroes, I liked that red-headed girl who was a premium jouster.

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

+1 Sandro.

What a legend!

I liked the castle and the necropolis.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I usually choose tower because I love being able to see the whole map with the grail structure, and the lookout tower is okay in the meantime. The landmines in front of the walls are pretty nice too. Conflux comes in a close second with the Magic Elementals and Phoenixes. (Armageddon anyone?)

9. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Loved this game - the 2 add ons were the business. Conflux was way overpowered - too much even for castle. Liked the Necropolis - if anybody had SOD with the cloak of the undead king, its was quite fun for a while. Liked the vampire lords - try playing them with a hero with armourer as his special skill.
    The sound effects were fantastic and the graphics have a unique charm, all in all one of the greats
    I used play the game vs CPU on impossible - but disliked the online play because of the rules used by members of TOH and the like.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.