1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Smash Bros poll (N64)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Blog, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I'm a little surprised this hasn't been discussed yet, so I'll do it now.

I'm going to limit the choices to the N64 version only.

You can check more than one, but try to vote for only those that are your true favorites.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 4 question(s). 10 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Smash Bros poll (N64) (10 votes.)

Who's your MOST favorite character? (Choose 3)
    * Luigi - 10% (1)
    * Mario - 20% (2)
    * Donkey Kong - 10% (1)
    * Link - 50% (5)
    * Samus - 20% (2)
    * Captain Falcon - 30% (3)
    * Ness - 10% (1)
    * Yoshi - 40% (4)
    * Kirby - 20% (2)
    * Fox - 20% (2)
    * Pikachu - 0% (0)
    * Jigglypuff - 0% (0)

Who's your LEAST favorite character? (Choose 3)
    * Luigi - 0% (0)
    * Mario - 0% (0)
    * Donkey Kong - 40% (4)
    * Link - 10% (1)
    * Samus - 10% (1)
    * Captain Falcon - 0% (0)
    * Ness - 40% (4)
    * Yoshi - 20% (2)
    * Kirby - 0% (0)
    * Fox - 20% (2)
    * Pikachu - 30% (3)
    * Jigglypuff - 40% (4)

Which stage is your MOST favorite? (Choose 1)
    * Peach's Castle - 10% (1)
    * Congo Jungle - 0% (0)
    * Hyrule Castle - 20% (2)
    * Planet Zebes - 0% (0)
    * Yoshi's Island - 10% (1)
    * Dreamland - 0% (0)
    * Sector Z - 30% (3)
    * Saffron City - 20% (2)
    * Mushroom Kingdom - 10% (1)

Which stage is your LEAST favorite? (Choose 1)
    * Peach's Castle - 10% (1)
    * Congo Jungle - 20% (2)
    * Hyrule Castle - 0% (0)
    * Planet Zebes - 30% (3)
    * Yoshi's Island - 10% (1)
    * Dreamland - 10% (1)
    * Sector Z - 10% (1)
    * Saffron City - 0% (0)
    * Mushroom Kingdom - 10% (1)

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Excelent poll, it's making me want to go pop in Smash Bros for my N64, something I haven't done it some time.

But there was a time when I played Smash at least 10 minutes a day. It's a great stress reliever and I got really really good :evil: .

Since Ocarina of Time was the game that pushed me over the edge and made me without a doubt want to get a 64, I first played with Link.

Later, I expanded my horizons. I play these characters greatest and the most often: Kirby, Pikachu, and Falcon. I play these characters well: Link, Samus, and Donkey Kong. The rest I play every once in a while and am not very effective with.

Kirby is the man. The easiest to adapt to and he's very flexible. Again I'll say he is the man in Smash.

Pickachu is easily underestimated. And Falcon is on fire, literally.

Worst character is a toss up between Ness and Jigglypuff. Actually both can be good, especially Ness, but I can't learn their styles and use them effectively to save my life.

Best level is Sector Z. I like the atmosphere on that one. Planet Zebes annoys some people, but not me. I love the atmosphere on that one too.

Least favorite level is Yoshi's Island. And maybe Mushroom Kingdom as a runner up. I feel too cramped on these levels.

3. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Ness is the only character with enough potential to reach godhood! If you master him, you're unstoppable my friend, unstoppable!

I can take three of my friends on just using him. His throw has extermely high priority, and who can forget the devastating 1 hit step kick that sends its victim straight to hell (don't pass go, don't collect 200 dollars). Plus his head is the size of the moon. Makes juggling you're friends a breeze. Whether it's a kick to dome, a bat to the face, or a head bunt into your kneecaps; Ness can deliver, clean house, and take out the trash all at the same time.

4. Blog Gems: 23/31

I like playing Ness too, but for fun, not for merciless killing (throw off edge, spike down is a bit too cheap when playing against friends).

My definition of fun? Using his baseball bat like Fox's reflector! It's really cool when used against Samus's powered up shot or on green shells... deflects them back at double the damage!

The only characters I can't use are Samus and Pikachu. I think it's because Samus rolls too slowly (I tend to roll a lot) and it's easy to anticipate where I end up, so I get hit a lot. For Pikachu, I think I try using Jigglypuff's fighting style too much, which is bad. If only the thunder move had no delay... :( :flaming:

I'd say I'm above average when using everyone else, with Yoshi, Falcon and Luigi topping the list.

5. Gamer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I played that game a long time, and very intense. I finished the singleplayermode with each one on hardest setting, without losing a single life. (took a long training, I simply hate the polygon-team). It took me a long time to figure out what some moves do, for example the one where Ness builds up a globe around himself. But the only one I did never figure out was one of Jigglypuff's moves, where it just seems to sleep, without doing anything to anybody.
    Sweet memorys... When the game was new, me and my friends used to arrange tournaments, where we fighted mercylessly. I think we broke about three controllers that way. Need to do this soon again if I have any controllers left :rolleyes:

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Yup Kirby is the only character I've been able to beat very hard single player on without dying.

And yeah, fighting the polygon team without dying is intense.

My brother plays Luigi like no other. He's done the same with him.

7. Blog Gems: 23/31

@Gamer: That Jigglypuff move (Down B) that doesn't seem to do much is Jigglypuff's strongest attack. You have to be practical "inside" the opponent to use it. You'll here the home run bat shriek sound effect when it works.

It hits instantaneously (unlike Pikachu's thunder or Falcon Punch), which makes it a great move to use at the end of a combo. The only draw back is the super long recovery time (VERY vulnerable), so it is ideally a "finish off" move. In team battle, you may want your partner to protect you during that recovery time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.